• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

An ounce of hops- I need one ounce of Citra!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I normally don't like citra, so haven't bought any. But I have a special recipe I want to try, and I need 1 ounce of citra for dryhopping.

I'll trade just about any other variety for an ounce of citra- I have amarillo, simcoe, chinook, centennial, cascade, hallertauer mittlefruh, American saaz, etc. I just don't have any citra!

Let me know if you can help me out!

got a hop union pack in the freezer ....

edit.. if you dont need mine can i borrow your special recipe ?

I'll send you one for free, just for all the help. Pm me if you want it.

Thanks! The weirdo, er, runningweird :cross:, hooked me up.

My "special recipe" really isn't anything special to be honest. But I have two beers right now that I think have a bit of a sweet finish (my Fat Sam, and the Surly Furious clone). They aren't really sweet, but I want something crisp and dry, while hoppy and lower ABV. I want to totally avoid any sweetness in my next beer.

I was looking at Northern Brewer's catalogue, and saw that they have a recipe kit for sale for something called "Dry Dock APA". The say it's all chinook hops, but with a citra dryhopping.

That caught my attention! I do not like citra on its own (way too tropical and mango for me) but I thought "Aha! All chinook, but with citra for dryhopping sounds exactly like the perfect summer beer"! So that was my inspiration, even though I've never even heard of that beer.

I'm going to use very little crystal, keep the OG low and use chinook at 60/15/2 and target 37 IBUs.

I love chinook, and I never find it harsh, so I think it's going to be great. But if it's not, I'll drink it anyway!

Thanks! The weirdo, er, runningweird :cross:, hooked me up.

My "special recipe" really isn't anything special to be honest. But I have two beers right now that I think have a bit of a sweet finish (my Fat Sam, and the Surly Furious clone). They aren't really sweet, but I want something crisp and dry, while hoppy and lower ABV. I want to totally avoid any sweetness in my next beer.

I was looking at Northern Brewer's catalogue, and saw that they have a recipe kit for sale for something called "Dry Dock APA". The say it's all chinook hops, but with a citra dryhopping.

That caught my attention! I do not like citra on its own (way too tropical and mango for me) but I thought "Aha! All chinook, but with citra for dryhopping sounds exactly like the perfect summer beer"! So that was my inspiration, even though I've never even heard of that beer.

I'm going to use very little crystal, keep the OG low and use chinook at 60/15/2 and target 37 IBUs.

I love chinook, and I never find it harsh, so I think it's going to be great. But if it's not, I'll drink it anyway!

sounds like a good idea i had my first experience with chinook 2 weeks ago with the " caramel amber " from here....
maybe ill try something like what you speak of

Yoop, it's packaged and in the mail box. I hope they don't send it through the xray machine because it looks for all the world to be a vacuum sealed baggy of marijuana.

Back