Amoretti

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They keep coming up on my feed as well. I've never used them, but have used Apex Flavors (they are local and have found that a lot of breweries use them). Apex Flavors

I can attest that the Peanut butter (with chocolate or not) is very good. A plus is they sell in large and small volumes, making them great for the home brewer. Course, Amoretti may as well.......

I keep getting Amoretti flavoring/puree ads in FB.

Be aware that their craft "purees" are not anything like a normal puree (like Vintners Harvest, for example). If you look at the ingredients for the Raspberry, for example, the first four are water, cane sugar, dextrose, and fructose. None of these things are added to typical purees (which are usually just fruit).

I'm not saying they can't be useful, if you plan accordingly. Lots of people swear by them.

I used to use vintner’s harvest but it was a crap shoot with getting metallic flavors. If they switched to different packaging i might try them again

They are certainly all over my fb feed, too.

I would venture a guess these were made with cocktails in mind but they have expanded their market. I've seen people ask about them a lot but nobody taking the plunge to try them. I'm not sure I have a beer recipe calling out for a pumpkin pie "puree" that is sugar water with flavoring.

Back