American Pale Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef57

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused... I purchased a Brewer's Best "American Pale Wheat" kit and it claims an IBU between 31-35 and ABV of 6.25-6.75%. But from my calculation, even if i boiled the entire batch, I would only achieve about 24IBUs?? and around 5.5%ABV?? Am I missing something? The 5.5% ABV would be fine but i really want to get at least 30-35 IBUs... and would like to keep the boil around 3gal. I would just add more hops but if my calculations are wrong, i might end up with a wheat ale that is way too hoppy.... Anybody have any experience with this kit? (the kit includes 1oz Cluster(60min per recipe) and 1oz Liberty (5min) fermentables are 6.6lbs Wheat LME 1lb flaked wheat & 1lb 2-row the recipe calls for half the LME to be added when 20min remains in the boil. here's a link to the recipe: http://www.brewersbestkits.com/pdf/1012 2013 American Pale Wheat.pdf

Thanks for any help

Latest posts

Back