ambient ferment room temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have been having some fermentation issues and I am wondering if my temp is too low....I cannot attach the probe to a carboy because there is usually several different beers in several stages of fermentation so I just have the probe hanging in the middle down by the fermentors...my go to yeast is s-05 BUT I do use notty,,,,s-04.... and on occasion wlp004 irish ale...and british aleII...... so my question is what is a good generic ambient temp that would be sufficient for all of these yeasts?

Noooooo 66F could get above 70 which would suck for S-04. Use the yeasts differently and refer to the manufacturers' instructions regarding actual fermentation temp (5-7 degrees above ambient at normal gravity), erring on the low side of the given range. Only use yeasts together (in the same place) that both work with that temp.

Latest posts

Back