amber lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

npray

Reaction score
I boiled up 3.3lbs of amber LME in 2.25 gallons on water, i put .5oz Athanum at 60 min .5oz at 5 min. cooled to 50 and pitched a whole pack of s-23 and it is happily fermenting away at 46-50 as i type.. this is my second lager and i am looking for some insight on what i should expect from this beer.

After a week at 48 it still has a thick krausen. i raised the temp up to 52 and i am seeing more action from the airlock now. i plan to hold it there until the krausen starts to drop then bring it up to room temp for a D-rest.

Well i have had at it in the low 60's for about a week and it is still bubbling every couple minutes or so.. I'm really hoping this comes out good.

I bottled it a few days ago, i plan on letting them carb for 3 weeks then lager in the fridge for a few months.. it did have a pretty intense grapefruit aroma to it.

Back