Amazon ‘Smart Shelf’ keg level indicator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merkur

BJCP #B1441
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looks nice. I use masking tape and a black Sharpie to keep track of how many pints I pour.

I usually can tell when keg is empty when beer stops coming out, and it spits foam. If I really want to know status before that, I gently lift kegs in question.

Then again, I'm a "pipeliner" , seldom have to worry about completely running out.

Some of these digital devises are selling solution looking for a problem, in my opinion...but whatever opens the wallet and floats yer boat, as they say...

Near as I can tell it only works with supported products. Plus you'd need the medium for weight capacity but it would waste a lot of space in your kegerator.

Stumbled upon this the other day. Don't have any experience w/it, but wouldn't require any app rebuild/redirection.

Keg Level Indicator
https://ballandkeg.com
I thought about it, but I'd need 2 and still need to open door to see it and it's something else to CLEAN. That I don't need. I'll just be a foam and spitting beer guy too. Too cheap buy scale

Back