Am I really that much of a newbie??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celticdevildog

Reaction score
I say this in jest as technically I haven't even been able to properly taste my first beer as it is just in the bottles starting a two week conditioning/carbing.

But I find that I can't stop talking about my beer....to anyone that will listen. :mug: I get all giddy when I think about my beer and have checked on it every chance I get since brewing it.

I even get excited when someone I've talked to about my beer before asks "so how is the beer coming?" I feel like a kid at 16 that just got my first car! :D

I know that I'm a newbie and I'm ok with that...we all have to start somewhere, but I wanted to take a moment and poke some fun at myself since I realized I was acting like an in love 16 year old. :mug:

No, no, it's cool! We all feel like that. Friends ask all the time what I've got kegged. Join a brew club, go to festivals, start building things to make brewing better. Have fun.

17 years and I still babble on about beer to anyone that will listen. It just gets more and more technical as the years have gone on. It's what is so great about brewing the amount of knowledge is so vast you can never run out of stuff to learn and geek out about.

I have "beer conversations" all the time, and am excited about beer and recipes and brewing still.

I think it's a great hobby, and I'm having a fun time with it. I think that's all that matters.

Yea man I'm over 2 years in and I still do all of that stuff. To me It's almost like a drug, the first batch was absolutely euphoric and I have to up my game to chase that "high". I just keep brewing more interesting beers and advancing my techniques, hell I did a crude all-grain brew just a few batches in... I'm always looking for ways to save money, use new grain, hops and yeast, make my own specialty grain, grow my own... the list goes on.. what you're doing is totally normal

Oh and I have a much older friend who has been brewing for many years, and we babble about our brews with the same vigor, so get ready for years of happiness:drunk:

Your incessant talking about beer is a price your friends will happily pay in exchange for access to your brews.

It's good to hear that others are like me. :) This is the first hobby I've had in a long time that makes me feel this excited other than my motorcycle.

My husband has decided that he is done drinking and so doesn't even want to talk about it. So I find anyone else that will listen (or pretend to listen). I mean face it...as a woman I'm used to talking to my husband whether he is listening or not. :)

I love talking about beer, making beer and lately, kegging beer since it's new to me.

I get excited about new recipes. Sometimes I'll lie on the coach at night with the midwest catalog and just cruise through all the different grains and imagine what I can make.

I wonder sometimes if people start to think I'm an alcoholic just because I talk about beer and brewing a lot. I rarely have more than pint a day, maybe 2 on weekends, oh and maybe more if there's a party or get together;)

Latest posts

Back