Almost a Blichmann Autosparge?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revdrmr

Reaction score
So I was getting some doohickies from the smallparts.com thing in amazon and stumbled onto this?! Its a Blichmann Autosparge but it has a 1/2' npt (1/2 straight, who knows??) on the inside so you can do some pretty cool plumbing for fly sparging. Thought I would share this to anyone who cares.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OMH1XA/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a very similar setup. If you try it let us know how it works out!

Just bought one off ebay for around $10 including the stainless ball float that goes with it.

Just discovered there was a redesigned version this morning. The straight threads really had me stuck on figuring out how to connect things up. Especially as I was building my system to use Camlock connections. I'm hoping MoreBeer will let me exchange the older version I bought in December to get the new one.

So I just got it, awesome! Way better assembly, instead of a crappy cotter pin there is a screw to hold the flow gasket assembly. Way better constructed in the swivel to, old one felt DIY, this is made for one purpose, sparging! Also the thread is actually NPT instead of straight which wasn't huge since I ran a $5 die on the old one, nice I don't have to die stainless steel though!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back