Allow myself to introduce....myself

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOSTONBRUin4

Reaction score
Hi all. My real love is fishing, but with a 6 month old, I am having trouble getting out as much as I used to. Figured it would be a good idea to pick up a hobby or two that I can do at home. Got a batch of Oktoberfest brewing but think I boofed it already on the initial fermenting temp. Anyways I hope to contribute more to this site in the future. Cheers :mug:

Ahhhh, another fellow Masshole brewer... :D

Welcome to the obsession... You starting off extract (or extract with specialty grains) or you diving head first into all grain from the start?? :rockin:

Extract with specialty grains. Picked up kit from Beer Making supply store in Woburn. It had 5 or 6 bags of grains and one can of liquid.

Welcome!

My first love is fishing too, but what to do in winter time? Ice fishing, not so much. I airbrush paint fishing lures and brew beer to keep me busy till spring.

It won't be long and that 6 month old will be older and pulling in their first walleye or trophy bluegill. Just gotta glue a fishing pole into their hands :)

Next time check out Strange Brew in Marlboro (416 Boston Post Road). MUCH larger store and selection plus better prices from what I've seen.

I've been know to cast a line from time to time too. Much more fun when you have someone with you. Otherwise I take my big Canon and do nature photography.

Welcome!

I wish I had more time to fish, but then there are TONS of things I wish I had time (and money) for.

What else is there to do in MN in the winter if you aren't dipping your diddle in a hole?

OK, so I never actually did this. I've been on this board for about a year now and only recently started posting so I figured I'd introduce myself a bit.

I live in Manchester, NH.
I started off with extract which I did for 2 brews before stepping up to partial mash where I stayed for about 6 brews or so.

Now I do AG. I've got my 10 Gal. cooler MLT and 8 Gal SS Kettle. There's so much more I want to do, but I know that never changes. I love this hobby/obsession.

This forum is awesome!

Welcome!
What else is there to do in MN in the winter if you aren't dipping your diddle in a hole?

Well, not much apparently. I used to count on watching my Vikings beat the Lions twice a year. Now I can't even count on that. We STINK!!

Maybe if I dragged a full corny keg out onto the ice, that might make it a tad more fun. But not much.

I like the Austin Powers reference in thread title too.

Back