All Grain Newbee needs help! MLT - how are they assembled?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsinger

Reaction score
Been making good beer for 3-4 years now (not counting the horse-p*ss I made in college 45 yrs ago!), and am moving up to all grain. I have all the equipment, but the orange mash tun and sparge tank don't come with any instructions for the included valves. Oddly the sparge sprinkler is well documented, but I could have figured it out.

Can anyone take a minute to tell me how they are assembled? There are 3 washers and a rubber gasket. Don't know what goes in, and what goes out!

Maybe someone bought the kit with instructions they could share??

Sure seems like these darned things would have some instructions - I know, it will seem stupid after I know it. Also need help on the mash tun false bottom - looks simple, but would like to confirm.

Thank you to anyone who can take a minute to help.

I have no idea what 'kit' you're talking about for the MLT cooler conversion, but typically its one washer inside, two on the outside, mostly acting as spacers and stiffeners so you can cinch down enough to create a seal.

teflon tape on all threads!!

Here is the kit I am asking about - basically two rubbermaid coolers and all the connections, valves, false bottom, and sparge arm. Just no instructions! And for $245 - about $150 more than I should have paid for the individual parts (so I would get instructions). "Burned once, shame on you - burned twice, shame on me!" Never again.

Latest posts

Back