All grain hefe experiment!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brothers and Sisters in Brew!

I am engaging in an experiment. I have two, all grain hefe kits on their way to my house!!

Here is what I am going to do, and feel free to add your input and suggestions. I will do my best to "prost" pictures, and reviews as the process evolves.

With one kit I will boil as normal then have it in my primary for 10 days or so. After the 10 days are up, I will crack the seal and add oranges then reseal for 5 days or so. Then I will bottle.

The second kit I will also boil as normal then put it in the primary for 10 days as well. This is where the change comes in. I will then transfer to my secondary with oranges and seal it for 2 months or so. Then I will bottle that batch.

One side said hefe's and wheats are young beers and should be brewed and bottled a reasonably short period of time. Other people who have used this particular kit, have said they let it set for 2 months, and it was amazing.

I will keep checking in with my findings!!

CHEERS

I did 10 gallons of the Blood Orange Hefe you can see posted on HBT and wound up kegging after 10-12 days and it wound up being a fantastic beer. I have a German Hefe in primary now for about 2 weeks and will keg it in another week or two and reply with how that one turns out.

Felt like adding a little more than 'subscribed' to this thread. Really interested in seeing your results!

Back