All Grain Cherry Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KEITH27

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking to make a all grain cherry wheat i looked below for the recipe and didnt have any luck. Anyone have a recipe or a good start thanx :mug:

well, first thing that comes to mind---5 gallon batch. 6 lbs wheat malt, 4 lbs pilsner malt, 1 oz cascade @60min, .5 oz saaz @ flameout. wyeast 1010 or equivalent with starter. primary for 14 days, secondary for 7 days with 5 lbs frozen, pasteurized cherries in carboy.

mash grains @ 152F for 90 minutes. make sure to put boiled and cooled cherry slurry in carboy first, then rack beer from primary to secondary on top of cherries. dont forget to account for the massive trub loss from the cherries, usually about .75 gallons. just add .75 gallons of water to your boil at last 15 minutes and make sure your primary can take the extra water, and your carboy is a 6 gallon. then after 7 days, bottle condition for 3 weeks (or keg condition at 36F for 10 days) and enjoy. just a quickie recipe off the top of my head. any questions about it, pm me. cheers!

Back