All American Blackberry Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vsusinga

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have a recipe here that i just rececently brewed. I had been doing several stouts, including my chocolate peanut butter stout that everyone loves ,so i figured i would give the lighter stuff a try. I wrote this recipe and brewed this past weekend:

3 lb Pale 2 row
0.5 lb Carapils
0.5 lb Crystal 10L
3 lb Extra Light DME
0.5 oz Willamette (60 min)
0.5 oz Willamette (30 min)
0.5 oz Willamette (10 min)
Whirlfloc (10 min)
Safale US-05

Im thinking about adding 5 lb of blackberries at seconday but im not too sure. I love blackberries in a beer, but i think it may turn out good the way it is. Any thoughts?

Have you already made it ? Or is are you thinking about making it ?

SWMBO and myself made a peach/apricot IPA a few weeks back, and put the fruit in at about the 5 minute mark and then left the fruit in the primary, and after about a week racked it into a secondary off the fruit so it could clear up(and dryhop). It ended up really imparting the fruit flavor very nicely. We are thinking about doing a Blackberry IPA next. Curious to know how this comes out if you've already brewed it.

I was going to make a strawberry blond it sitting I my primary now. I went out to get 8lb of strawberries today and the farmers market said I missed it by a few weeks so I picked up half a flat of raspberries half a flat of black raspberries and 8 quarts of black berries. I'm gonna use some of the raspberries for the blond. Just gotta find out what to do with the rest of it!!

I was going to make a strawberry blond it sitting I my primary now. I went out to get 8lb of strawberries today and the farmers market said I missed it by a few weeks so I picked up half a flat of raspberries half a flat of black raspberries and 8 quarts of black berries. I'm gonna use some of the raspberries for the blond. Just gotta find out what to do with the rest of it!!

Jam. No question.

Back