Ale Apothecary Ale Club 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I look forward to meeting you at the club party in 2025. Should be a great year!

dI8xnCj.gif
The beer should be about $80/bottle by then! Enjoy!

Just emailed Paul about being placed on the waiting list (really nice guy). Are members dropping out because of price points, etc...? I just need to know what year to set on my time capsule.

S1dE0Cu.gif
I'm wondering if most people are dropping too. $350/12 bottles is pushing it, REALLY hard.
Andwith stuff I could do without like Be Still included, it's coming out = retail. Combined with the absolutely reproachable organization (bottle release schedule not holding up- he may as well of just never tried to post or adhere to one, not getting the tasting room opened, failing to secure a liquor license AND THEN announcing so the same week as the distribution party, but "Hey, don't cancel the trip you have to make through a snowstorm or all the beer you bought a year ago will get resold; Come to Bend and we can drink your beer if you want to bring some to my house afterwards."

I can't rationalize renewing. Id rather have a case of Sahalie/La Tache.

Last edited:
You know that'll cost you like $480 now, right?
I'm wondering if most people are dropping too. $350/12 bottles is pushing it, REALLY hard.
Andwith stuff I could do without like Be Still included, it's coming out = retail. Combined with the absolutely reproachable organization (bottle release schedule not holding up- he may as well of just never tried to post or adhere to one, not getting the tasting room opened, failing to secure a liquor license AND THEN announcing so the same week as the distribution party, but "Hey, don't cancel the trip you have to make through a snowstorm or all the beer you bought a year ago will get resold; Come to Bend and we can drink your beer if you want to bring some to my house afterwards."

I can't rationalize renewing. I'd rather have 4 cases of hose.
Fixed

edit: removed "quote" (thought i removed it before i posted, but alas...)

To be fair, he's also mentioned that running this club with his little crew is a lot more work than he thought, but he's willing to follow through with the commitment as long as he can - I can appreciate that. he could definitely get help, but I feel that would mean in increase in prices. Each beer is distinctive. Especially this last batch of fruited wilds he released. Kept his beer the star and the fruit was just there to round it out instead of dominating the palate.

I guess because I don't live in Bend, the issues with the tasting room/liquor license don't affect me really, but I could see the frustration in that for sure. He was always as accommodating as he could be if you were visiting and wanted to check out the place though. Far as the bottle prices, I don't mind paying for quality and Paul makes some of the best beers out there for sure. When I was trying to lock down IP trades in Brussels last year, Ale Apothecary was actually the most requested brewery when I mentioned I was coming from the PNW.

Just trying to add some AA positivity to this thread.

Last edited:
Not trying to blow smoke, but I would jump at the chance to join in a heartbeat. The price is sky high :(, the quality is great :), and I would gladly substitute my costs of trading, shipping, and chasing other beers for a membership.

That's just some silly naive Ohioans opinion though!

rvCPBLN.gif

Last edited:
Myself and a few other people I know of chose not to renew this year. Everyone I know decided to get married across the country this year, so dropping that much money on a case of beer that I won't get til the end of year is a no-go. The strawberry la tache made me think long and hard about that decision though

Back