Alcohol without yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MostlyToker

Reaction score
So, i think i just made alcohol without yeast. I put a small amount of "milo's sweet tea" in a bottle and watered it down to look like pee. Originally it was for a drug test, but i left it somewhere and forgot about it for like a month, anyways, i found it this morning and it was all bubbly and had a brown sludge in the bottom and i opened it and it sounded like i was opening a soda and it kind of smelled like a beer. (sorry about that last run-on, if there are any grammar nazis here). anyways i poured it out because i didnt know if it would be safe to drink. Is there any way to tell if it is? because i can definatley make another one.

:off:It was my dads tests that he got off of amazon, iv'e tested it before on the tests and it worked better than water+pee+bleach did. lol

1- There was wild yeast or bacteria in there that fermented it.

2- Dude, why?

I was thinking a bacteria, so i'm going to retry my experiment in a fresh bottle to see if it works again, also, the bottle that was used may have previously contained vodka, could this be why that happened?

just because YOU didn't add yeast doesn't mean there was no yeast.

you just discovered what a caveman discovered 10,000 years ago

congratulations

Back