Airlock for bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deghisagorah

Reaction score
So I've been brewing a gallon of mead and is planning to age them in bottles, I've ordered 6 1L glass bottles that come with these plastic corks.

Now I dont have enough airlock because my only airlock is a DIY airlock that works quite well (i cant buy legit airlocks cause their prices are over inflated here and its hard to look for them without online surfing) now the problem is I dont have enough materials to make 6 more for my glass bottles, and I dont really want my mead to be on the ceiling so any of you have any ideas on items or techniques for releasing preasure without letting my mead oxidize ?

Oh, my carboy is plastic, and its not exactly airtight on the lead... So i guess i just dont want to leave it in the carboy for too long

Oh, my carboy is plastic, and its not exactly airtight on the lead... So i guess i just dont want to leave it in the carboy for too long

Just wait. If it's fermenting, it's pushing gas out. You could also pose your question in the mead forum; you might get some other responses. I've only made mead three times, and the last time was 2007.

Back