AIPA - Help me with the recipe. :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathiás

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Ive planned to brew an IPA with my dad this weekend. Ive got Kveik yeast from Mangrove Jacks and Pilsner malt - Pale 2 row malt and a little bit of Wheat. Lacking Carapils i want to use the malts as 47% Pilsner 47% Pale Ale and 6% wheat. (I want to hit 1.06 OG btw)

Mentioning hops I got Amarillo / Centennial / Citra (i think i wont use Citra this time but I got it.) and Mandarina Bavaria. I've planned to brew as 50%-50% Centennial/Amarillo and hit the wort with dry hopping or flame out hopping (only with MB i think with a lot). Btw from the website Ive ordered the MB there are no info's about the alpha acid so i can only count alpha acid approximately. That is why I've decided to use it as a dry hop. Also maybe the Centennial and Amarillo are "stronger" hops, i want the MB to shine too with citrusy - floral notes.

Ive never brewed with Mandarina Bavaria btw. If someone brewed similar IPA please share your experiences with me. Also this recipe looks like a nice IPA recipe for me but what about you guys? Sadly i dont have Simcoe that was amazing with Centennial / Amarillo for me back then.

Thanks for answers. :)

MB AA% runs between 8.5%-10.5%. It's not a shy hop and should combine well with both Centennial and Amarillo.
Citra, otoh, will typically character-dominate all three strains unless really toned down in dosage. Same might be said of Simcoe.

Depending on your IBU target you could get away with a flame-out addition followed by a 170°F steep/whirlpool, then do a round or two of dry hopping at the end of the line. I'd plug your recipe into any of the good builder programs, play with the hop additions and see what feels good...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back