AHS Spring Maibock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw it as well. Thought hard about ordering it since Spaten's Maibock (the only one i've ever had) is so damn good.

let us know how you like it.

Extract...........

No worries then, it is just the extract making it darker. The flavor will not be affected. Have you read anything about late addition of extract? That can help lighten the color a little.

cheers,

i'm brewing this too - about to move to secondary tomorrow

You'll be done before me if you're kegging it. Please let me know what you think. Did you follow the directions for Partial boil?

I started out as a partial boil without thinking, with the seeping grains and then 10 mins in I re-read the directions. From now on I'll go over the directions aheda of time.

Not sure why they wanted 2 1/2 gallons to seep the grains with as opposed to all 5 gallons or four and then pour that last gallon over the grains. I'm sure someone here has a reason why.

This is the fourth beer I have made, and is by far the most foul smelling.

Does the stink mean anything? Or is it just par for the course?

Kegged and am drinking this now. Starts out real hoppy like an IPA then finishes a sweet bread after taste. Not sure if this is right terminology but this is how me and my friends have described it.

thanks for updating. I have this in primary right now, brewed it last Friday. Right now it looks like the MS River, just muddy looking. But it is slowly fermenting, looking forward to testing it several weeks from now. I'm surprised that it has the hoppy taste, as there really wasn't much hops in the recipe. Oh well, there you go!

thanks for updating. I have this in primary right now, brewed it last Friday. Right now it looks like the MS River, just muddy looking. But it is slowly fermenting, looking forward to testing it several weeks from now. I'm surprised that it has the hoppy taste, as there really wasn't much hops in the recipe. Oh well, there you go!

Mine was real muddy looking also but after it cleared and was kegged the color is more blonde then amber.

I brewed their ayinger maibock clone in january and just kegged it yesterday after finishing up the longer lagering period. It tasted great. crisp and clear as well.

I'm thinking of trying this one as well. How long did you all ferment and lager. Does 6 to 8 weeks sound right? This would be my first lager. I'm lucky that I have a beer fridge on my hands for fermenting in Texas.

Latest posts

Back