AHS California Steam Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sod

Reaction score
Okay, I've read up on it and know it's deal. (it's all about the yeast y'all) My question is a little more vendor specific. The Austin Homebrew Session Beers, short ferm time, quick to the bottle... a little lite on the quality side? Mind you, mine is in transit as I type, this is a question not a statement. 10 days and in the bottles you go. Everything I wanted to do with my first batch and struggled with it, but did not. I'm sceptical, that it will turn out a quality brew and was wondering if anyone has brewed one of these session brews. I will find out shortly but would like to hear from the forum. Thanks in advance for any comments, advice, (always welcomed, used or not. LOL) or tips to help me on my way.

A quick session beer for a first homebrew is a great choice. I can't see why the quality would be anything less than any other beer. Quick to the bottle and quick to drink is perfect for the 1st brew as most people would probably rush their first brew anyway. If you are anything like me, when you taste the beer you made, you will be so impressed you will drink far too many and this is where 'session' will be another benefit.

I have brewed that recipe several times (extract and AG). I plan on doing it many more times. In fact if I had it my way it'd always be on tap (it's always gone QUICK). I've never had a single complaint.

Its a quick, quite tasty, drinkable beer. You'll love it! In fact that beer is one of the main reasons I want to step up to 10 gallons lol.

Latest posts

Back