AHS Biere de Brut stuck fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noneal

Reaction score
I brewed the extract version of AHS limited edition Beire de Brut. See here for more info. I wasn't sure if I should pitch the ale and champagne yeasts at the same time, so I called up AHS and they confirmed this is what I should do.

After about 3 weeks I was at 1.022, way above my anticipated fg of 1.009. I called AHS again and they recommended pitching more EC-1118, so I did. 2 weeks later and it is still at 1.022. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Do you think pitching both types of yeast together was not right? I think I should have only pitched the ale yeast, and then added the EC-1118 once the ale yeast was done.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Before pitching more yeast try stirring up the wort a bit with a sanitized spoons. Be careful not to aerate the wort. If you have fermentation control raise the temp a few degrees.

I recently did this because my gravity went from 1.071 to 1.030 and didn't change for a few days. I did this and the next day I had new krausen being developed and the gravity dropped to the anticipated 1.018.

Sent from my kegerator

I stirred it up a bit and it started bubbling the next day, so I thought it might be good. But, I checked it today and it was still around 1.020. I think it might be done. I'll wait a few days, bottle it up and hope for the best.

Thanks,
Nathan

Back