AHA Membership [Deal exp 5/31/09]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adx

Reaction score
I was browsing around the AHA page at beertown.org and just noticed this:

AHA Big Brew 2009 Membership Offer
Join the AHA and get a free book! To celebrate National Homebrew Day /AHA Big Brew 2009, the AHA is offering a free copy of Brewing Classic Styles,by Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer. To receive your free book with any AHA membership, visit our online store, purchase any AHA membership, use the code "09bigbrew", and the book will automatically be added to your basket. Shipping is free for US addresses. This offer ends at Midnight, EST May 31, 2009.

Sounds like a great deal and should push you over if you were on the fence about joing AHA.

Oh good. I thought this had to be on Big Brew Day, and I was too busy at the tasting at my LHBS to remember. Thanks for the reminder!

Edit: Oh man, I thought it was for How to Brew, which would have been nice but not extremely necessary at this stage in my brewing 'career.' Brewing Classic Styles, though, that's a damn deal.

I was settled on letting my membreship lapse prior to this notice. I don't have the BCS book in my library. This gave me the incentive. New book and continued subsciption to Zymurgy.

Thanks for the heads up.

Oh yea and it pushed me off the fence too. Even got the shipping notice for the book today.

Kinda bummed I won't get any of the benefits for 2-3 weeks. I was planning on picking up ingredients this week from Brew & Grow that gives a 10% discount. I can't seem to log into the website yet either.

I have been wanting to sign up, the book was just the free swag I needed to do it!

Just clicked purchase...

Kinda bummed I won't get any of the benefits for 2-3 weeks. I was planning on picking up ingredients this week from Brew & Grow that gives a 10% discount. I can't seem to log into the website yet either.

I signed up 2 weeks ago, got the email with my membership numbers 2 days later, and the book last week.

Still haven't recevied the membership package yet though.

What a great deal. I've been meaning to purchase an AHA membership and BCS. Just saved $20! Hey, thats another batch of beer!

What's even better is that your AHA membership will be pretty much free if you have a pub, brewery or restaurant that participates in the discount program nearby (or Midwest Homebrew supplies, they offer 5% off if you e-mail them a copy of your membership card) - you'll save more money than the membership cost in the first place.

Every homebrewer should be a member - there's just no reason not to be :).

I just joined. I can not get any discounts locally but I hope they can use thier influance to help get legeslation passed to have home brewing legalized in Alabama.

Yeah, sadly the closest pub that offers a discount is Ellicottville, which is an hour or so away, but I do enough traveling... plus Zymurgy, etc, and a membership card. I love those.

I to recently joined the AHA and lucky for me Colorado has tons of places that offer discounts. They even give members a pre sale on the GABF tixx

It was the tipping point for me too. I joined up everyone on a Family. When Adam is a teenager he can tell people he has been a member since Age 3. Heh heh heh.

The book, and my desire to attend the members-only session at GABF, finally pushed me over the edge.

It was the tipping point for me too. I joined up everyone on a Family. When Adam is a teenager he can tell people he has been a member since Age 3. Heh heh heh.

Ouch! Hope ya' got the lifetime option or he'll be sayin "and the cheep bastid forgot to renew"

aaaand, my membership confirmation and book arrived yesterday. It helps that I'm in Denver, and the AHA is in Boulder, I guess. At any rate, it looks like there's almost no lag in turning the orders around.

I did both... AHA and HBT. It has been a good week for membership services departments!

Went to become a member just now, and the code isn't working. It is supposed to be valid for another 3+ hours!!! Argghhh. Oh well...

Back