Agave Syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys want to try a good Michigan Brew!?
If you can get a hold of it you should give it a try.
I'm a Stout/IPA drinker and love the flavor it give this IPA. Very different to say the least. On fist sip I was thinking tequila so I was open to sense the TQ taste... I'm not a TQ drinker like the wife but I've had my share.... :drunk:

Enjoy! http://www.shortsbrewing.com/2010/12/freedom-of-78-pure-guava-ipa/

BTW check out the other beers they have as well as some of the other Michigan breweries!

:mug: Cheers :mug:

My bad guys..... Guava is a different plat. Either I thinking of using Agave nectar.

Hello. Responding to a few posts regarding the use of Agave Nectar in brewing. I just sampled a batch of brew I made from a Brooklyn Beer kit - the Everyday IPA. I substituted the called for two tablespoons of honey with the same amount of Agave Nectar and the result was awesome. My wife is vegan and doesn't touch anything with honey in it. From a taste and results standpoint, I'll continue to use this going forward. Hope that helps.

I know this is an old thread, but anyone who’s looking for an affordable organic option… Costco. Good quality and cheap for what it is. 2 36oz bottles for $11

Has anyone ever brewed with Agave Syrup before? I have a specialty grocery store that sells the stuff pretty cheap and it sounds like an interesting ingredient to mess around with. I was thinking about doing a pale ale with the stuff for a summer brew. Any thoughts? :mug:
I'm currently working on an idea that involves me using it as an adjunct, I will be sure to share my results with you

Has anyone ever brewed with Agave Syrup before? I have a specialty grocery store that sells the stuff pretty cheap and it sounds like an interesting ingredient to mess around with. I was thinking about doing a pale ale with the stuff for a summer brew. Any thoughts? :mug:

I used agave syrup in a tripel, added at ~150 F like a hop stand. Between the temperature and the subsequent fermentation, all agave character was stripped out in the finished beer.

ive used it in lager. i ran out of corn sugar and i was trying to lighten up a lager i didnt notice much difference than corn sugar maybe a little less drying out in the finish

I have used it in several brews. If you want the flavor expression, use it as your priming sugar. You should get a light cactus, pepper flavor from it. I always use it in my chile beers, but have also used it in a Barley Wine and it added just a little bit more "wow, that's got something, I can't put my finger on it, can I have another?"

Back