After 3 months of tireless workouts...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am towing the same line brother. So far, 27 pounds in 3 or 4 months. Started at over 225 and am down to 198 with another 30 or 40 to lose.

I am cheating tho'. Levothyroxine at 100mcg per day. Good diet. And little excercise.

I started with P90X but, that **** is insane.

Not at all trying to burst your bubble, but as hard as the P90X is you should try insanity. Insanity is truly an imazing workout that uses no weights. Me and a buddy do a P90X/Insanity hybrid work out that is really killer.

Alas I have a hard time loosing the belly flab too, but I can run 2 Miles in 13:25

Wildwest, all that weight you lost? I think I know where it went, looks like I need to drop a few pounds here.

Wife called me Buddha the other day :(

This is a funny thread to me. I was 145 coming out of university and then a couple years ago I got sick of being so disgustingly scrawny and weak. In growth spurts (aka commitment spurts) I started at 148 capable of deadlifting 150 to a year later weighing 208 and deadlifting 405.

I've since lost the commitment due to friggen wedding season (wifey's sister is getting hitched and we're both in the wedding parties) and (due to eating according to my workouts or lack thereof) I've widdled down to 198 and I hate it. I want to return to my burgers and barbells lifestyle - getting skinny and eating measley portions sucks.

To all of you that have a hard time losing weight, get on a barbell program like Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training (www.startingstrength.com). Get over the brad pit "ideal" and be the big strong man you were suppossed to be.

But don't get me wrong, this is personal choice and anybody that shuts up and puts up and gets the job done deserves kudos. It doesn't matter if you're trying to make super heavyweight, snatch 350, run 10k, get a yoga booty or rip up some brad pitt abzorz. Good work, OP.

Wildwest, all that weight you lost? I think I know where it went, looks like I need to drop a few pounds here.

Wife called me Buddha the other day :(

As long as she was making you a sammich when she said it.

_

Was kind hoping this thread would die a peaceful death.:eek:

I'm actually not far off from where I started, I need to lose 10-15 again. I seriously lack any kind of motivation, or will power, or caring about I look like, or what anyone thinks, you get the point.

_

Ooops...sorry to have brought this back up :cross:

I was just curious if you were able to maintain your workouts over a long period of time.

I am stuck in a middle ground where I do really well for a couple of weeks and then life conveniently provides some excuses. Really want to find motivation to stay at it consistently.

I will let this thread die now.

Mike.

I lost 60lbs 3 years ago and have slowly put about 40 of it back on. The beer is my downfall, too many calories per shot. For a workout I recommend crossfit but go to www.crossfitbrandx.com for a scaled version, unless you're already fit and familiar with olympic lifts you probably won't be able to complete most of the workouts as prescribed.

Back