Advice on first-time dry hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyrmc23

Reaction score
Dry hopped a one-gallon SMaSH via BIAB on April 18. On April 23, I dry hopped according to the recipe. This Saturday will be two weeks since brew day and when I was planning on kegging into a mini keg. My question is it's been a week of dry hopping: should I take out now and let it sit another two days, or should i leave them in until i keg on Saturday?

If I had hops that had been in the beer for 7 days already, I would keg now, assuming the beer has reached terminal gravity.

If I had hops that had been in the beer for 7 days already, I would keg now, assuming the beer has reached terminal gravity.
Is seven days too long? I've seen some say no more than seven, but others opposite.

Is seven days too long? I've seen some say no more than seven, but others opposite.

Recent research shows that most of the stuff you want to extract from the hops happens in 2-3 of days. Beyond that, you're just giving the beer time to extract compounds you don't necessarily want.

Recent research shows that most of the stuff you want to extract from the hops happens in 2-3 of days. Beyond that, you're just giving the beer time to extract compounds you don't necessarily want.
Do you think it's ruined?

Back