Advice needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caburdet78

Reaction score
I am considering scaling back the amount of brewing I do ... Don't really drink as much as I used to and mainly brew to give gifts during the holiday .

I am considering brewing batches of 1.5 gallons at a time... I can scale my recipes using Beersmith software ... Any other things I need to account for?

Not really. Just scale it back and brew on. I did the same thing, nowadays I just brew to keep my taps full. I was having too tough a time getting rid of it.

That's my brewing size too. Go to HD and buy 2 gallon paint buckets to ferment in. Beer Simth should be ablae to scale down all your recipes w/out problems. I start w/about 2.75 gallons and maybe 4 lbs of malt doing BIAB and get about 17 bottles each time.

I'm downsizing a lot of the batch sizes myself. I just bought some buckets to that end. There are still a few 10-gal batches of crowd favorites that I'll do to give some to friends, but brewing 2.5gal batches lets me explore a whole lot more styles and experiments with less time, money, and beer to drink myself.

We just don't brew so often that we have a mountain of beers piling up. We also slowed down on how often we drink some beers.

That's my brewing size too. Go to HD and buy 2 gallon paint buckets to ferment in. Beer Simth should be ablae to scale down all your recipes w/out problems. I start w/about 2.75 gallons and maybe 4 lbs of malt doing BIAB and get about 17 bottles each time.

I have some 3 gallon glass carboys whichi I will probably use.

Thinking 2 gal. boil

Back