Adding seltzer keg to the lineup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownni5

Reaction score
My wife would like for me to brew a hard seltzer for her - I'm planning to oblige, or at least try - I got some plans from a reputable source - and put it on tap in my kegerator. The more I think about it, this might be a problem.

1. At what serving pressure should I serve a selzer? My guess is higher than beer pressure.

2. If the above is an affirmative, then what is the easiest way to serve one keg at a higher pressure than the others? I currently have a single regulator running to a 3- way distributor. I'd rather not drop $100 or more on a dual regulator just to try to save pennies on seltzer.

A single gauge regulator. $10-20. You could put a Y in probably before the distributor or just feed it off the 3-way.

Actually you probably need the Y as I have been reading people keep seltzer a little higher pressure than beer serving pressure (And I didn't pay attention to in your post, sorry). You wouldn't be able to do that if the gauge came after the one you have now. Another thing is to keep an eye on the handedness of the threads you are working with.

Well thinking further, you could put the main gauge higher pressure , then a Y to the new gauge and distributor and the other half of the Y could go to the seltzer.

Last edited:
Somebody posted this single gauge here and I had it watched on Ebay. You can find them used if you look around too. You might need to change out the connections a little bit. For instance, I think you buy another dual gauge regulator and just use the single gauge and take off the high pressure gauge. Or even pick up a used regulator and tank, people are always getting rid of these, you just might have to wait for something local.

Ok, I found an inline at https://www.morebeer.com/products/inline-secondary-regulator.html

With that dealie, could I run a Y from the regulator with one line to that and then to my manifold? The description says to plug it in after the manifold which would require many and creating a lot of work ( not to mention figuring out how to dial in each individual pressure).

Of course, I just ran out of gas and if I can't get that filled soon, this may all be moot.

Back