Quantcast

Adding Orange peel and Coriander

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Wild Duk

Reaction score
I'm doing a Celis Wit clone tomorrow that calls for Dried orange peel and crushed corriander. Is it fine to just throw right into the boil, or should I use some type of hop sack to keep it all contained.....

Eves

Reaction score
I just made a Belgum White that had orange and corriander. The instructions just had me add them to the boil. As in no hop bag. My suggestion to you is if you don't put them in a bag of some sort them do your best to strain out the wort when pouring it into the fermenter. Or at least be careful when syphoning from the fermenter to the bottling bucket. I ended up forgetting the little extra filter on my fermenter's spigot and ended up with the bottling bucket having lots of bits of corriander in it. Which lead to the bottling wand getting clogged.

HughBrooks

Reaction score
I also did a belgian wit and I put my corrander and orange into a small muslin bag to help contain them instead of just tossing them in the boil

ol' rummie

Reaction score
I just through them into the boil at the right times and whirlpool really good before siphoning into my fermenter.