Addicted to homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mk010101

Reaction score
Yesterday I was at the store, and mainly because I saw it on sale, I purchased a 6 pack of Bridgeport Ropewalk Amber Ale. I haven't purchased a commercial beer in nearly 6 months or more. I finally had enough home brew that lasted me all spring and summer. While it wasn't a bad beer, it just tasted funny to me. Like it had been filtered or something! God forbid! Or is it me and I just have grown addicted to great home brew?!?

:mug:

Fall is here, and my full time brewing season is about to start. I look forward to my second year of home brew!

Pretty much the same for me. I've bought one commercial beer in the last few months, because I was jonesing for a Belgian. Now I show up to friends' houses with a full growler, no need to buy beer.:ban:

I still buy some commercial brews from time to time. Sometimes it's because they're one of my favorites (Hoegaarden) and sometimes it's because I'll see something that I haven't tried yet. I'd say that 90% of all of the beer that I drink is my own.

Yes - you're addicted. Welcome to the dark side.

Probably half of my consumption is at local brewpubs, but I've only purchased a six of Bridgeport's IPA and a bottle of Arrogant Bastard in the last three months. I like my homebrew, but there are so many great craft beers to be sampled. The Fresh Hop Tasteval coming up next month is a good example: 30+ Fresh Hop beers. I can't do that.

Yes, it would be nice to be in an area that sells lots of crafts brews. But the best bet for me to buy commercial beers is Albertsons and Walgreens! They don't have much of a selection. Most of my selection is by major craft brewers.

Another reason I got into brewing - cost and variety!

Yes, I admit it. I am addicted to my homebrew. I'd rather drink it than anything I could buy in the store. I will, however, gladly head down to Uncle Billy's Brew & Que on Tuesdays for 2 buck pints of their nectar of the gods. Man I love Tuesdays, I just wish I was home for some of them. :(

I hear you. Not everyone has 70 craft brewers within 60 miles (and none less than 35). That's lunch and dinner at a different brewpub every day of the month. And breakfast on the weekends.

Downside: $4-5/pint, sometimes $3 for happyhour.

Back