About to make my first keg purchase...advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sshamash

Reaction score
Hey All,

About to make the big move to kegging. I found a kegerator (convereted stacked fridge freezer) along with a Pony keg, co2 tank, regulator, tubing, tap on CL.

A few questions:
1. I would like to add two more taps, do you think would I be able to fit 2 more cronies in there with the Pony (fridge is 30x30x64)?
2. What will I need to make the move from one keg to more than one? Just a manifold?
3. What should I watch out for?

Any thoughts/advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Saul

Idk about fitment but to do multiple kegs buy and manifold which makes shutting of different lines easy. Also every time you make a connection spray with star San to look for leaks. Another tip don't lay co2 bottles on their side. Lastly whenever you put a lid on a keg seat the lid by holding up on the lid and apply pressure, after this then flip the lock closed. Otherwise you can end up with leaks. Another helpful and heap thing to do is buy keg lube and apply it to every o-ring and gasket. Hope this helps!

Thanks for that!

Here is what it looks like:

Here are some dimensions for the different style kegs. You will probably be fine for height, so you just need to look at the diameter of the kegs and see how they will fit in different arrangements.

Kegs-new.jpg

Back