About to Add hops to Fat Tire clone but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
My recipe sheet from Austin Homebrew says 3/4oz hops and the bag says it is an 1.oz and the other three bags of hops are a little more than what the recipe calls for.. This is an extract kit and i thought i would just be able to add the ingredients? Will i be alright ?

Sorry for the lack of info i am in the middle of brewing and got worried for a second... So the recipe calls for 3/4oz northern brewer , 1/2 oz Hersbrucker, and 1/4oz Willametter.. But i think all the bags i got are 1.oz bags... Im not sure how to measure out the correct amount of hops... Can anyone make suggestions please

Most people here (myself included) will tell you that Fat Tire is light on the bitterness, so adding the extra hops may not make it an exact clone, but it may make it better! What yeast are you using?

ok thanks a bunch ! What do i do with the hops i do not use in the little 1 oz bags....

Seal them in a vacuum food sealer if you have one. Otherwise, put them in 2 plastic bags and put them in the fridge for future use.

You could reseal them and save them for later or add some extra to this brew or toss them.

I just keep the extras in the freezer & once in a while make something with 6-7 kinds of hops.

Thanks for everyone's help i am off to finish my Brewing!!! wish me luck

ran into the SAME issue this weekend when i did my AHS partial mash Fat tire clone, they sent out 1oz of each. i just guestimated on what was 3/4 an oz..etc first time i've noticed they didnt package the exact hop amount.

Good luck - keep the hops in the freezer - at some point you will need an extra 1/4oz of hops hear and there.

As kevinkaseykizer says - just guesstimate. Plus - that recipe is great - it's my house amber. PEople love it and say it is BETTER then the current Fat Tire. It's what Fat Tire used to be.

Latest posts

Back