Abita Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lived in Louisiana all my life and haven't even been to Abita Springs. Pretty small town I hear. I think the brewery is about all it has.

Can't say much about Abita Springs never actually stopped there. But Covington is right next to it, and that place is jumping for a smaller town.

Abita Jockamo IPA is in my top 3 beers right now!

Really? It tastes like an IPA made by someone who had never even tried an IPA before.

I was at the San Diego Brewer's Guild fest a month or so back, and worked at a guy who had lived out that way and gotten a job at Abita while he was there. He was working at a SD brewer now, and we bonded over the fact that not a single beer Abita makes is worth a damn. That raspberry puree beer (blech), the mediocre amber, the brown that's OK but nothing special, the IPA that is probably the worst IPA I've ever had...

Frankly I'm amazed that people actually like them, I assumed their market was people who didn't have any other options

Turbo Dog!!!!!!

I lived in Kenner for a while and Abita was one trip I loved taking across Pontchartrain

I love the strawberry harvest lager! It's the best strawberry beer i've ever had.

They used to keep it in stock all year long where i went to college, but the area i live in now sells out as soon as it gets into the store, and they can't get it from their distributor until next year :(

They are alright considering the other regional offerings... :p

I wouldn't say they are top dog or anything either.

But I still would like to go see their brew operation.

But I still would like to go see their brew operation.

It is fun. I never realized how big they are until you see their fermenter space. They also have a really nice tasting room. When you get their they give you a cup and point you to the taps. You can drink until the tour starts, so get their a little early. The brewpub is OK, food is not that bad, and you can get some beers that are only offered there and growlers too I think.

Back