AB acquired Wicked Weed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a look at your clothes labels, good chance many were made in foreign countries by slave labored children. How many posts have you made in your life angry about that? What about alleppo and on and on. If you want to be bothered by stuff there are bigger human rights violations to worry about, no?

Wow.

Just wow.

I'll start worrying when AB/Inbev gets the laws changed that makes starting new breweries difficult or distribution difficult.

Not even remotely...starting a small company from scratch....busting your ass growing a quality company....and being bought out for millions enjoying the rest of your like is the American dream....everyone should be so lucky

I agree, the problem, for me at least, is that I don't get the busting your azz part quite right

0317-NB-35Latitude-Rare-Hops-CatHeader_zpsm4rhny5d.jpg

Slimy.

Drinking one of my favorite big beer company beers (can't be that small if it made it to Texas from the U.K.). This is something I call quality as it sat on the table for nearly an hour and still tastes as good as it did from the fridge unlike some I would have needed to ice down prior and still would have poured it out at this point.

At least that's my idea of quality. Nothing speaks "lack of" louder than requiring my taste buds be numbed a bit and when they aren't it's unpalatable...

Back when my usual was Bud I had a 20 min timer set because the cooler at the grocery store or Quickie Mart just didn't cut it and so it needed to sit in the freezer.

Drinking one of my favorite big beer company beers (can't be that small if it made it to Texas from the U.K.). This is something I call quality as it sat on the table for nearly an hour and still tastes as good as it did from the fridge unlike some I would have needed to ice down prior and still would have poured it out at this point.

At least that's my idea of quality. Nothing speaks "lack of" louder than requiring my taste buds be numbed a bit and when they aren't it's unpalatable...

Back when my usual was Bud I had a 20 min timer set because the cooler at the grocery store or Quickie Mart just didn't cut it and so it needed to sit in the freezer.

Wait a minute here...

You have gone on and on about "small town America" "little joes tiny establishment" "the little guy" "walmart" etc. And then you get on here and post that one of your favorite beers, that defines quality none the less, is this average beer made in England.

View attachment 1494472184534.jpg

View attachment 1494472193425.jpg

Well if they have, its.not working. Cant shake a stick without.hitting a new brewery around here.

They aren't all powerful in that they get 'em all just like that. Not many processes are that quick. They also don't necessarily have nationwide reach either with quite as heavy as a hand.

But read the various links and watch the few documentaries, and see what the government is looking at and it becomes quite clear what they are trying to do, what their end goal is. It's rather transparent really but they have enough money in the "right" places it would seem.

Wait a minute here...

You have gone on and on about "small town America" "little joes tiny establishment" "the little guy" "walmart" etc. And then you get on here and post that one of your favorite beers, that defines quality none the less, is this average beer made in England.

Go back and read my posts and you'll see I've said I was never against big business but AB/InBev due to their business practices (and WalMart).

I've bought plenty of Blue Moon and Sam Adams (not quite the same), as well as Coors when the choices were limited. And Foster's Premium Ale (once known as ESB) was a favorite of mine. Until AB/InBev bought them too...

I prefer to support small businesses and local. But it doesn't keep me from big businesses. I'm not anti big business. I'm anti despicable practices. I don't like dishonesty towards those who don't want to support big business or what they've done to suppress and steal from a small business. Not cool whatsoever.

Were you to watch the documentaries and see what they've provided you'd think with the big lawyers they retain they'd have been sued and the videos removed if they weren't true. Watch them.

Wait a minute here...

I'm guessing the low ratings are from disconnected Americans who don't know what to expect from a British beer. This is considered the 2nd best next to Fuller's, which I find lacking in comparison. But then it is a British beer and not common here.

Wait a minute here...

Oh, and that's one of many that I'd say defines quality. Only a handful that don't really and most fall under the category in some way as BMC. And that has nothing to do with brewery size.

There are plenty of beers I think are blah but that doesn't necessarily mean they are low quality.

And that's a bit funny as when Bud Ice came out in the early 90's I was impressed. It didn't taste so nasty when it warmed up. These days it's cheap and sold as lesser beer. But then they also changed it as I just had to try it for old time sake many moons ago. It used to be a premium Bud product...

I'm guessing the low ratings are from disconnected Americans who don't know what to expect from a British beer. This is considered the 2nd best next to Fuller's, which I find lacking in comparison. But then it is a British beer and not common here.

Never had one that wasn't skunked to hell and back. 4 different sixers from 4 different stores. All but the first had reasonable shelving accommodations (1st was too close to window). Gave up trying after the fourth effort.

Well if they have, its.not working. Cant shake a stick without.hitting a new brewery around here.

Oh, but it is. InBev pays "independent" distributors to drop craft beer, successfully stifling craft beer growth.

Omg, wah wah, someone get him a bahbah. Thanks for posting this proving my point that the employees would get paid more. Doubt they got 10k money bonuses before. So really everyone won. Ab got a good brewery, the owners and staff got paid for their hard work, and I will get their beers soon. Sure I dont like their tactics but I'm a lot more worried about the Korean governments tactics. There are probably so many businesses and things we all consume every day that utilizes the same tactics.

Blood is thicker than water, and money is thicker than both. Even though I really dont care about any of this that much, it certainly proves once again my point that most would sell everything even their values for money. Clearly according to this, these men looked the other way on their "brotherhood" of beer beliefs. Ultimately this lust of money will be the end imo. The native Americans have a saying that white man will only realize after the streams are dry and all food is gone that money can't be eaten.

Omg, wah wah, someone get him a bahbah. Thanks for posting this proving my point that the employees would get paid more. Doubt they got 10k money bonuses before. So really everyone won. Ab got a good brewery, the owners and staff got paid for their hard work, and I will get their beers soon. Sure I dont like their tactics but I'm a lot more worried about the Korean governments tactics. There are probably so many businesses and things we all consume every day that utilizes the same tactics.

Blood is thicker than water, and money is thicker than both. Even though I really dont care about any of this that much, it certainly proves once again my point that most would sell everything even their values for money. Clearly according to this, these men looked the other way on their "brotherhood" of beer beliefs. Ultimately this lust of money will be the end imo. The native Americans have a saying that white man will only realize after the streams are dry and all food is gone that money can't be eaten.

Apparently you missed the part about just who was paid more:

"It’s nice that your managers now have a down payment on their first house with the $10,000 bonus..."

The majority of the people, we assume, got nothing extra. But ask the employees of Becks what they thought after being bought out. I can't say for sure but I'd venture to guess not even one of them is still employed as the brewery in Germany was shut down and moved to St Louis. I highly doubt they paid anyone relocating fees or were concerned with what it takes to get a German citizen rights to be here... And Becks is far from the only brewery this has happened to. Ask those employees.

Unfortunately I think you are right in that a lot of people would sell even their beliefs and morals for money. We see it all the time in the news. I'd never celebrate that so that I can get someone's beer to my house easier though. And just because others sell their beliefs or morals doesn't mean I should be on board with it. Right?

"Took the easy way out". Lol.

Those employees are pathetic and uber jealous. I hope that those hipsters enjoy living in their mud huts and stickin' to the man.

The meds are on the top shelf Skippy.

Apparently you missed the part about just who was paid more:

"It’s nice that your managers now have a down payment on their first house with the $10,000 bonus..."

The majority of the people, we assume, got nothing extra. But ask the employees of Becks what they thought after being bought out. I can't say for sure but I'd venture to guess not even one of them is still employed as the brewery in Germany was shut down and moved to St Louis. I highly doubt they paid anyone relocating fees or were concerned with what it takes to get a German citizen rights to be here... And Becks is far from the only brewery this has happened to. Ask those employees.

Unfortunately I think you are right in that a lot of people would sell even their beliefs and morals for money. We see it all the time in the news. I'd never celebrate that so that I can get someone's beer to my house easier though. And just because others sell their beliefs or morals doesn't mean I should be on board with it. Right?

You may as well stop trying with him. He doesn't understand that when people keep saying "You don't get it" that he does not, in reality, get it. It's obvious he never will.

:(

PKU time:

And just because others sell their beliefs or morals doesn't mean I should be on board with it. Right?

They sold their brewery, not their beliefs or morals. A brewery is a busine$$. In Utopia though (I don't presume to know where you're from) it might be something else.

It's the age of outrage. Everybody gets OUTRAGED!! that they don't like the new owner of the brewery (yea, they probably didn't know the previous one), and in PROTEST!! they don't go to the brewery's event. Then they get OUTRAGED that the event gets cancelled (because they didn't go). Le sigh!! (insert dramatic meme here)

Don't call me Skippy....

If you don't want it I'll take it. Skippy is way more fun than Andrew.

PKU time:

They sold their brewery, not their beliefs or morals. A brewery is a busine$$. In Utopia though (I don't presume to know where you're from) it might be something else.

It's the age of outrage. Everybody gets OUTRAGED!! that they don't like the new owner of the brewery (yea, they probably didn't know the previous one), and in PROTEST!! they don't go to the brewery's event. Then they get OUTRAGED that the event gets cancelled (because they didn't go). Le sigh!! (insert dramatic meme here)

If you don't want it I'll take it. Skippy is way more fun than Andrew.

Actually they did sell their beliefs when you read of where they stood prior, though I was commenting on what applescrap had said.

For sure. And we all do as we see fit. Apparently he either changed his mind on what fit was for himself and his business, wasn't truly sure of what fit was for his business, or he blew a lot of smoke up the arses of his employees. Or the former employee is lying...

I read that before I posted. Every busine$$ is in it for the money. There you go. I gave away the secret. Shhh!

if they aren't, they won't be in business long.

and that means changing with the market

as a start up, you be fiercely anti conglomerate , until you grew to the point where you need to partner up and get your return on your money and time.

Back