A slight issue with my stout...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJR

Reaction score
I got an Edme Superbrew Gold - Dry Extra Stout kit a week or so back. The instructions said it should ferment within 4-6 days. I was in the kitchen/brewery for about 20 mins and the airlock didn't bubble once. It's been about 4 days so I thought it was fine and then added a pack of finings. I then stirred the beer and it began to ferment again at a rate of 1 bubble per 30 seconds..

Will the finings cause an issue with newly restarted fermentation?

OG - 1.045ish
Current FG - 1.010ish

You can't tell whether or not fermentation is complete without consecutive hydro readings.
What was the expected FG?
And stirring would cause it to release some co2.

I don't use clearing agents, but isn't 4 days a bit early? I usually disregard the kit instruction after it says "install airlock on fermenter"

No expected FG given.

I thought 4 days was a bit early but it said 4-6 days so I accepted it until it just restarted bubbling.

1.010 it is probably done.

It is bubbling because you stirred it and released a bunch of CO2 that was in the fermented beer. Some of it blows out the airlock, and some of it stays in the beer.

Your beer is done fermenting. Now let it sit around for another few weeks before bottling.

Back