A Pub-Grade Pint Glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oberon67

Reaction score
So I have obtained pint glasses here and there, typically the ones with the straight sides and tapered from top to bottom... the common pint glass you see in a proper tap room.

I find that the ones that are commercially available for home use are generally thinner, cheaper, and not as nice as the ones I've used in bars... or is it just me?

And if it isn't just me, where does one get a good commercial-grade pint glass?

So I have obtained pint glasses here and there, typically the ones with the straight sides and tapered from top to bottom... the common pint glass you see in a proper tap room.

....sniff, sniff....if it is a proper tap room than it should have be serving in style-specific glassware, not pedestrian pint glasses....sniff, sniff...[pause to adjust monocle]

I've bought through these guys at times. Because the prices are so cheap for a case of glasses, I keep what I want, give some as gifts, and sell some on Ebay. Usually you can get your own for free by selling half on Ebay.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/3725/mixing-pint-glasses.html

Also if this is the predominate type of beer glass you own, look into other types as well. Sometimes you can find variety, sampler type box deals. I must have 6 or 7 different style beer glasses and they can make a difference in how a beer tastes and smells (Belgian tulip, tall pilsner, wheat beer, english pub, US pint, czech pils, stein).

I always try to grab a pint glass or snifter when I'm visiting a new brewery. They tend to sell the same glasses they use to serve them in so they are really durable. I love having a souvenir that reminds me of my visit to the brewery every time I pour a beer :)

I'm with Aprichman, I have a lot brewery glasses that I have collected over time. I also did a stint as a bartender ((term used loosely)) at the Alamo Drafthouse and we got glasses all the time from the distributor all the time but the best glasses where the plain ones we used to serve beer in. Thick walls and a heavy bottom ((ahem)). I like them for anything I'm drinking.

I always try to grab a pint glass or snifter when I'm visiting a new brewery. They tend to sell the same glasses they use to serve them in so they are really durable. I love having a souvenir that reminds me of my visit to the brewery every time I pour a beer :)

I do this on my trips to Germany for work. I've got a handful of local brewery glasses and the paper beer doilies. Sometimes you grab the neat glass and reminisce about a trip, and other times the guys at work have annoyed you so much that you grab a plain jane pint glass and try to forget them ;-)

Do yourself a favor and get ANY style of glass except a pint glass. They are the worst vessel to consume any style of beer.

The only reason they are popular is that they stack conveniently.

Same here, but I'm running out of cabinet room!

Do yourself a favor and get ANY style of glass except a pint glass. They are the worst vessel to consume any style of beer.

And they're cheap as dirt, but completely agree

Pinky out, my friend. Pinky out.

I kid. I kid.

@Oberon67 are you looking for pint glasses from breweries and bars? If so, I will ship some to you before I drop others off at the good will.

I find that the ones that are commercially available for home use are generally thinner, cheaper, and not as nice as the ones I've used in bars... or is it just me?

And if it isn't just me, where does one get a good commercial-grade pint glass?

I never have had that problem...

Even the ones people buy for me at Christmas (because I collect the classes from the breweries I visit).

They mostly are Libbey or Anchor....

I use the ones people give me, the ones that I have been to the brewery go on this shelf.

DSCN1461.jpg

Back