A moment of Stupid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saboral

Reaction score
So I need to vent.... This evening I had to figure out a plumbing issue. For about two weeks our hot water hasn't been the hottest and hot water has been coming out of cold taps. Immediately I suspected either convection from the water heater or a bad mixing valve cartridge.

The cold pipe on the heater wasn't warm so that seemed to rule out the heater. I one by one cut the supplies to the mixing valves except for one that didn't have individual shutoffs.

I thought I had it narrowed down so to confirm I shut off the cold water to the water heater to see if I'd still get pressure at the hot taps. I found a way to shut down the last mixing valve and did but I still had pressure at the hot taps.

I thought maybe it's the upper floor plumbing drowning down, so I tested it at the highest faucet and still had pressure. I was getting ready to start taring valves apart when I realized it....... the two valves on the whirlpool tub were both open and we had put a hose attachment with a sprayer on the end. It was acting as a direct pass through.

So much work for something so stupid! I built my own single tier stand with automated controls from scratch and I did something this dumb. At Least I didn't call the plumber. If I had......

Seppuku

I did all that work to find out I simply had to close two valves that were feeding into one another

I saw this title on recent threads and clicked on it just to post this picture, no matter what the messages actually said.

latest

Back