A little help with my next brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsellout

Reaction score
So I've done kits for the past three brews and this time I want to kind of do something on my own. I wanted to use some of the Pacman yeast I have and I was thinking maybe a California common or an ESB or something similar. Any extract recipes out there with steeping grains that you guys like? I was thinking about trying to make something with a bit higher ABV as well. I really want something with a lot of character and flavor really.

Dan

how high do you want the ABV? I don't have a Cali Common recipe but I have an ESB that turned out pretty good. not sure if it's the ABV you want, about 5.5%. Let me know and I'll post it.

EDIT: It does not use the Pacman yeast although I guess you could substitute it.

todd_k said:
how high do you want the ABV? I don't have a Cali Common recipe but I have an ESB that turned out pretty good. not sure if it's the ABV you want, about 5.5%. Let me know and I'll post it.

EDIT: It does not use the Pacman yeast although I guess you could substitute it.

Yeah the high ABV was kind of optional. I can always get a different kind of yeast, thats no big deal. If you wouldn't mind, post your ESB. I am really digging them right now.

Thanks!

Dan

Back