A little advice please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scorpien222

Reaction score
Hi all i recently made the decision to more from kits to extract brewing and after one extract brew that went pretty well I decided to start thinking about all grain so bought a mash tun :)

I have some brewing software on my phone called brew pal which is telling me for a 7.6 liter batch I need to do a 2.64 liter kettle top up ? This is only for a 20 minute boil does this sound about right to everyone ?

Thanks in advance.

Here is what it's showing me would I be right in thinking I add the top up straight to my boil kettle after my mash ?

image-3790302490.jpg

I should probably add that this is for a partial mash as I already had the stuff in I will be using 330 grams of grain for the mash it just seems like a lot of water to loose for not much grain and a short boil.

sfgoat said:
I usually lose about 1 liter every 15 minutes of boil. I don't know anything about brewpal as I use beersmith.

Thank you :) is that all grain or extract ? Do you lose much when mashing ?

Latest posts

Back