A high-temp peristatic pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even with ¼" tubing its only 6 gallons per hour. you mau as well get a march pump for that price

March pumps aren't self-priming, this is. It's taking an hour for the liquid to drain OUT, this would make it like 15-20 minutes.

I have a march pump, and I'm not too terribly happy with it. This would help get the wort that's always left in my CFC out too, and it can run dry.
As for having to switch tubes to change flow, why would I need to change the flow rate? Just stick with 1/4" and turn it off when it's done.

March pumps aren't self-priming, this is. It's taking an hour for the liquid to drain OUT, this would make it like 15-20 minutes.

If you pull the liquid out, you'll compact the grain bed and stop flow all together. I think you need to examine why it's taking an hour to sparge your grains. Do you use a false bottom, braid, or something else? Are you using a lot of oats in your grist?

If you pull the liquid out, you'll compact the grain bed and stop flow all together. I think you need to examine why it's taking an hour to sparge your grains. Do you use a false bottom, braid, or something else? Are you using a lot of oats in your grist?

I use a braid in my converted coleman xtreme cooler. I didn't actually use any oats last time. I'm brewing tonight, so I'll try a few different methods and let you know how it goes.

I have a march pump, and I'm not too terribly happy with it. This would help get the wort that's always left in my CFC out too, and it can run dry.
As for having to switch tubes to change flow, why would I need to change the flow rate? Just stick with 1/4" and turn it off when it's done.

I really don't think that the march pump is your problem. Lets see, a March 809 pump can pump 5 gallons per minute and the Peristaltic pump can pump 0.1 gallons per minute and you think the Peristaltic pump will help you sparge faster?

I use a braid in my converted coleman xtreme cooler. I didn't actually use any oats last time. I'm brewing tonight, so I'll try a few different methods and let you know how it goes.

I have to throttle my gravity feed MLT to keep the flow from getting too high. If you're going all out and it's taking an hour, you need to visit your setup. Is your braid crushing by any chance?

I have to throttle my gravity feed MLT to keep the flow from getting too high. If you're going all out and it's taking an hour, you need to visit your setup. Is your braid crushing by any chance?

I am flowing all-out. I'm using a flexible polymer braid (I know, I'm getting a SS one tomorrow) but it has the PVC tube in it (I cut a bunch of holes in the PVC though)

Latest posts

Back