A happy little accident?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeTee

Reaction score
Went to my brew store to get ingredients for a competition I entered. They had their buckets skewed and so I inadvertently got a bunch of the wrong malts... milled... mixed...

Needless to say, they had to charge me for it. So I have a bunch of grain that I don't know quite what to do with. I was hoping you guys could push me in the right direction! Here's the grain bill

9lbs German Pale Malt
1lb Domestic Pilsner
1lb Victory
1lb Crystal 60

So I was thinking this would make a great belgian/trappist beer. Not sure if it would qualify as a dubbel, but maybe an enkel? The SRM is actually quite beautiful and I'm not a big stickler for traditional categories.

Let me specify. This isn't for a competition. This is an accidental purchase that I will make into something awesome I can drink at home.

Thanks for the help!!!

It may not be a traditional grainbill but since that doesn't really bother you I say go ahead and throw some Belgian yeast at it and see what you get. I'd add some sugar, maybe even dark candi syrup.

Back