A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should have a few mail order brides going your way next week. 3 of them are IPAs So take your pick

Did you ever try my boring brown porter or boring helles? Also last week I was walking down the beer aisle and passed a bunch of Commons farmhouse beers and smacked myself for not sending you some of those. I know you like those bad beers.

I just got back from being out of town , but I did try the helles before I left. It was super clean. I could barely believe it. Its not exactly a style id want to brew myself but man, it was just smooth. To get that crystal clear of a malt character in a homebrew is commendable IMO. Amazing job with that one man

Maybe gonna try the brown tonight and saving the golden sour bomber to split with SWMBO

Thanks again

I just got back from being out of town , but I did try the helles before I left. It was super clean. I could barely believe it. Its not exactly a style id want to brew myself but man, it was just smooth. To get that crystal clear of a malt character in a homebrew is commendable IMO. Amazing job with that one man

Maybe gonna try the brown tonight and saving the golden sour bomber to split with SWMBO

Thanks again

Oh not sure if I warned you but the sour will gush like crazy. I tried to carbonate to gueuze levels and it sure goozes.

Also take that gavin #muchscience.

Weekend has arrived! Got the kiddos down, and wife's out at one of those ladies' night/pyramid scheme wine & jewelry party things they do. Had a real ale 4-squared earlier. First one I got my hands on this year, and it says "best by" end of March... Other than clumpy yeasties everywhere, still decent.

Having this local brew now. Not bad. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460770829.160241.jpg

Friar m00ps, I'll say a prayer iijakii didn't send you a holy hand grenade sour!

Cheers!

Oh I didn't get mine. I earned it. I think.

Honestly, rather baffled by the whole thing. Who thinks someone has zeros in their middle name ? Like some dude signed this in pen and a notary actually stamped it, I can tell. Awesome

He got it from the same "church", literally, that's the joke of it. He didn't want to pay $15 for the certificate only difference.

View attachment 1460771814963.jpg

Had two. Contemplating a third. Probably should go for something smaller next.

Maybe just a milk

Welcome to HBT and the friendly place BTW.

Hell I put down a bit tonight. A sixer of lagunitas ipa, two founders breakfast stout, and two Sam Smith organic chocolate stout...then hit the milk and cookies....

Might have a problem. But I needed a heavy night. First day off in three weeks tomorrow

Deployment weekend pushes forward. 7-4 shift today, probably end up staying later, hopefully not much though.

Back on schedule this morning though, which is good.

giphy.gif

Happy weekend to everybody. Neighbor borrowed my lawnmower the other dad and the wheel fell off. Bought a brand new one assembled it and it won't start. I tried yelling at it. Hitting it. Threatening it and it still won't start. I even doused it with gasoline. Ideas?

"Good morning" friends. Got sick last night (not from beer) and I will be wasting the day away in bed. Sucks.

Sorry to hear that! Hope it is short lived! Why on the weekend and not a day off of work?!? You didn't plan this very well.

Happy weekend to everybody. Neighbor borrowed my lawnmower the other dad and the wheel fell off. Bought a brand new one assembled it and it won't start. I tried yelling at it. Hitting it. Threatening it and it still won't start. I even doused it with gasoline. Ideas?

Happy weekend indeed! I'm going to try to be as lazy as possible today. Starting off with this very strange brew. 9.4% "gin and juice inspired ale." I really have no idea what to expect with this. Probably will end up napping with the kids in a couple hours, though.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460827029.089124.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460827036.741963.jpg

I think he is talking about a software deployment.

That makes sense. I thought I knew what BGBC did for a living but often get the wrong end of the stick on these things. (Not that it's important of course). Was just curious.

Prepping for BBQ all done.

In addition to some other stuff, I'm going to braise some brats in some Marzen with butter and onion. Searing them on the grill for esthetics. Not tried this before. Picked up some sauerkraut too to go with them. Hope they turn out well. Seems idiot proof.

In addition to some other stuff, I'm going to braise some brats in some Marzen with butter and onion. Searing them on the grill for esthetics. Not tried this before. Picked up some sauerkraut too to go with them. Hope they turn out well. Seems idiot proof.

That will be magical.

Science is making me really hungry about now. Update on the gin and juice beer. About how it sounds. At first sip, I thought - just a DIPA of sorts. After a few more sips, you get a little OJ flavor, followed by an odd bitterness aftertaste like you get from gin. As far as trying to make a gin and juice like ale, I think they nailed it. Would I recommend it much, and am I glad I bought a 6'er - no. Moving to nightcap-sipper status. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460835515.394502.jpg

Kids are down and moving on to something lighter. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460835537.289763.jpg

That will be magical.

Hopefully.

Got a veritable Smörgåsbord of grub on offer.

Brats
Korean short rib
Taiwanese marinade chicken
Squid with another kind of Taiwanese marinade
Fish stick things (sound gross but quite good)
Blood sausage
Sweet and spicy sausage
White Yams
Purple Yams
Shrooms, Zucchini, peppers

Making a pig of myself in other words.

Hopefully.

Got a veritable Smörgåsbord of grub on offer.

Brats
Korean short rib
Taiwanese marinade chicken
Squid with another kind of Taiwanese marinade
Fish stick things (sound gross but quite good)
Blood sausage
Sweet and spicy sausage
White Yams
Purple Yams
Shrooms, Zucchini, peppers

Making a pig of myself in other words.

Sounds fantastic!

Doing some dishes, drying some bottles. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460840058.659095.jpg

That makes sense. I thought I knew what BGBC did for a living but often get the wrong end of the stick on these things. (Not that it's important of course). Was just curious.

Prepping for BBQ all done.

What do you mean by picked up some sauerkraut? Why do you not go to your crock and take it out?? And why did the servants not get it for you?
Disillusioned.

Having my latest IPA, hits hard:p

Sounds fantastic!

Doing some dishes, drying some bottles. View attachment 350686
It truly has been.

Druk (ish) fat and happy now
IPA was a big hit. Pilsner gone.

Saturdays are most excellent.

What do you mean by picked up some sauerkraut? Why do you not go to your crock and take it out?? And why did the servants not get it for you?
Disillusioned.

Staff have all buggered off. How frightfully frightful.

Science is making me really hungry about now. Update on the gin and juice beer. About how it sounds. At first sip, I thought - just a DIPA of sorts. After a few more sips, you get a little OJ flavor, followed by an odd bitterness aftertaste like you get from gin. As far as trying to make a gin and juice like ale, I think they nailed it. Would I recommend it much, and am I glad I bought a 6'er - no. Moving to nightcap-sipper status. View attachment 350678

Kids are down and moving on to something lighter. View attachment 350679

I have been killing helles' lately. So f'n good and a nice break from dipas oh and morning friends

Light the gasoline you dumped on it?

Beer tasting class here soon. Yard work for the rest of the day. Wooo?

Back