A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably my should be pissed at the arrogance but beer so I'm Ok

This should pair nicely with Taiwanese BBQ

Just crashed the IPA

Might be this weekend hopefully it will be ready too. I'll thrash out the details with SWMBO and let you know.

Mobile typing I suck at. 3 goes to get ok typed. Not even druk

That is the lest sense you've ever made.

That is the lest sense you've ever made.

Thought you meant about drinking my beer on draft. Planned BBQ and all that. Exact date pending. You're invited. Had you forgotten?

Crash-cooled my IPA when I got home. It will be kegged in 3-4 days, ready to drink in ~5 days.

Taiwanese BBQ is great. Like TX BBQ only with more squid, blood sausage and a different marinade.

Sorry I guess I was going off half cocked. Bullet points are usually my friend to translate the hubbub in my head to cogent text.

I think you may be somewhat refreshed. Steak toastered if you will.

Time for another beer.

Marzen again

Morning friends. Having some coffee. Had some OddSide Troll Tolls last night. Nice new beer. Coffee now. Headed to church for my nephew's baptism in a few. Snow on the ground, really ready for this to be done.

started cold crashing my rye pale ale today. been in the fermenter for 3 weeks. not gonna use gelatin. being super chill with this one. will be dumping the rest of the ESB (definitely convinced it was tannins, and I can't finish a glass now), and kegging this one. maybe do that on friday. can't wait. hopefully will be carbed enough to get a sample after our first game on saturday.

I feel weird posting here and posting over there. Like I don't want to just post the same things twice, but if I don't there will be people who miss out. And my life is so exciting people will not wanna miss out.

@gavinC I can't remember if I posted this here, but that's not a pils do you have any other nice lager recipe that I could use 34/70 on and do a decoction with? I mean is it gonna pair well with pretty much any malt forward beer (the decoction)?

Tired Hands Secret Poncho with breakfast...because why not?

BTW - haven't been on in a long time. Am I just not used to the updated website layout, or is it as bad as my initial reaction leads me to believe it is?

20160410_100953.jpg

And Big Bang Theory I see. Need someone on my side to convince @Hunter_la5 to do rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock..

BTW and IMHO, series been going downhill last couple seasons since they introduced all this relationship crap.

Totally agree. It is slowly dying as the writers; as they often do in these shows, try to correct the characters foibles and revert to type. Why not leave them as the single nerds they were?

Marriage, kids, relationship troubles. FFS. Big Bang Theory is not the fresh hilarity it once was.

started cold crashing my rye pale ale today. been in the fermenter for 3 weeks. not gonna use gelatin. being super chill with this one. will be dumping the rest of the ESB (definitely convinced it was tannins, and I can't finish a glass now), and kegging this one. maybe do that on friday. can't wait. hopefully will be carbed enough to get a sample after our first game on saturday.

I feel weird posting here and posting over there. Like I don't want to just post the same things twice, but if I don't there will be people who miss out. And my life is so exciting people will not wanna miss out.

@gavinC I can't remember if I posted this here, but that's not a pils do you have any other nice lager recipe that I could use 34/70 on and do a decoction with? I mean is it gonna pair well with pretty much any malt forward beer (the decoction)?

My Dunkel involved a single decoction. I used WLP833 but 34/70 or probably any solid lager yeast could be used. I'd reduce the "Carafa III special" a touch in it. The decoction seemed to magnify the coloration. 1-2% of the grist would be plenty.

Here is a bit on my Vienna which I'm still finalizing. Tasty beer though. Bronze medal

attachment.php

My Dunkel involved a single decoction. I used WLP833 but 34/70 or probably any solid lager yeast could be used. I'd reduce the "Carafa III special" a touch in it. The decoction seemed to magnify the coloration. 1-2% of the grist would be plenty.

Here is a bit on my Vienna which I'm still finalizing. Tasty beer though. Bronze medal

attachment.php

Those both look great. Now I'm gonna have a tough time deciding which one to go with. Might let the wife decide. So should I only do the one decoction then? I was thinking of trying it again up to mash out temps. So it would be infusion to beta rest, decoction to alpha rest, decoction to mash out, batch sparge.

Also, what water profile did you shoot for on the vienna?

Coffee. Love me some coffee. I even put creamer in it for a treat.

Baby took his first steps yesterday. Pretty excited.

That's awesome! Mine's not quite there yet. Pulls up on everything, and scoots around furniture, and will walk while pushing stuff, but not without holding onto something. He stands free handed not realizing it for ~ 5-10 seconds, then realizes he's not holding onto something and plops down. Lol. Goes by too fast!

Coffee. Love me some coffee. I even put creamer in it for a treat.

Baby took his first steps yesterday. Pretty excited.
That's awesome! Mine's not quite there yet. Pulls up on everything, and scoots around furniture, and will walk while pushing stuff, but not without holding onto something. He stands free handed not realizing it for ~ 5-10 seconds, then realizes he's not holding onto something and plops down. Lol. Goes by too fast!

My oldest, who will be 8 later this month, got so excited after walking about 3 steps into mommy's arms, he puked all over her. Wasn't sick, just really happy and puke all over mom. Wish I would have gotten a picture of it.

Swmbo just made a crock pot roast, she's a keeper. going to wash it down with a hb Bourbon v. porter. last one too demmit ... :( ... :beard:

For those interested in the MLB cellar dweller contest, here are the contestants and their guesses.

I'll try to update every month or so just so i dont forget about it.

member team wins current wins
BeerMeDuffMan Braves 65 0
Helly Braves 62 0
Zekk Brewers 60 2
coyote68 Mariners 48 2
PianoMan Reds 62 4
OnetoeDog Reds 64 4
DisturbdChemist Reds 63 4
mhurst111 Rockies 61 2

Evening friendlies. Hit State Line Liquors on the way home from Philly last night, and they always have stuff I can't get anywhere else.

Damned good stuff.

Pics still won't work on this site, and haven't since the change. I know people have mentioned it to the admins. So I give up.

So far Harviestoun Bitter and Twisted (Golden Ale), delicious, and then Timothy Later Boltmaker (Best Bitter), also delicious. Adnams Explorer now, another Golden Ale.

Glad no one else picked the same as me. I honestly didn't pick the Reds because someone posted here they were going with them.

For those interested in the MLB cellar dweller contest, here are the contestants and their guesses.

I'll try to update every month or so just so i dont forget about it.

member team wins current wins
BeerMeDuffMan Braves 650
Helly Braves 620
Zekk Brewers 602
coyote68 Mariners482
PianoMan Reds 624
OnetoeDog Reds 644
DisturbdChemist Reds 634
mhurst111 Rockies 612

Mariners at 48.
Let the hate flow through you
That's a pretty low number. Like 76ers win column low.

I went back and looked at the last 4-5 years standings. Seems like only one team in that time didn't get to 60. Although I could be wrong. 64 seemed like a common number to me.

Just double checked. I was kinda right. Houston is the only team that didn't get 60 in past 5 years. But they did it 3 years running (2011/2012/2013). Lowest number in that time was 51.

Just double checked. I was kinda right. Houston is the only team that didn't get 60 in past 5 years. But they did it 3 years running (2011/2012/2013). Lowest number in that time was 51.

I figured it was Houston, but not THAT low of a count. 48 seems improbable, even for an absolute terrible double A call up team.

Latest posts

Back