A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few varieties of lupine (TX bluebonnet are one type). My parents had freakishly big alpine lupine that grew in their yard. I wish I had gotten some seeds.

I'm a Texan and love bluebonnets. I also have a lot of family in PEI, Canada on maternal grandfathers's side, and if you ever get to make it up there at the right time in the summer, lupins cover the sides of the roads, and put bluebonnets to shame. They bloom and die very quickly, so it's a short window...I'm thinking July typically but don't recall exactly. Very pretty.

First pull of Gavin's Pils iijakiified.

Pretty great stuff! It's only been in the keg a week so it definitely needs some more lagering time, but I couldn't resist. Going to try not to touch it for two more. Try.

I wish it was a tad more crisp. Not quite certain if it's the yeast I used or I need to up the IBU a tad in the future. Also it might crisp up a little after some more lagering and any remaining yeasties settle.

Proper steinware for Gavin

42DTd67.png

Great looking head in that Pils there. Love how small and densely packed the bubbles are. Creamy frothy whimsical head

The stein is killer too.

Post some pics in the recipe thread. Pilsners don't get looked at much.

Gotta make more of that Pils soon.

Tweaked a few things on the new system and went way over my estimated pre-boil gravity. Hit 1.059 pre-boil and last time I was 1.058og. Oops. Guess I can't call it an 80/- anymore.

Nice pic! Not much room for a boil over there! You, sir, are braver or more talented than myself. I've had a boil over with 7 gal in a 10.5 gal pot... I also drink a lot on brew days.

Defoamer 105, FTW!

Looks like you could have fit a little more in there. ;)

It's advertised as a 15g kettle. That's 13.2g in there. It's not a 15g kettle!

Alright looking like life is gonna be too busy right now to brew with the brew partner. So I gotta get a brew day in this week. Will be using the same lager yeast I used before, and want to do a decoction. Maybe two enzyme rests then a mash out, wish would be two decoctions. Don't need anymore pils for a while, what should I brew?

Back at Odd Side today. Bartender overcharged us yesterday but hooked me up today. And gave me a reason to go have a pint.

And I checked out the Grand Armory first. Michiganders or those visiting go check it out. Cool place and I really liked the citra wheat.

Hmm... Go for a run? Or eat snacks and drink beer? I should really go for a run. Damn it. I have the lazy. Someone tell me to go running.

Edit: and... It's raining now.

Why dag still have ballz?

Snipped, not removed!

GTFO! They do that for dags? Any chance it's reversible just in case like you change your mind and all or is it a vanity:D

They remove the testes but not the sack. It shrinks and absorbs back into the body over the course of a few months. Less recovery time and stitches etc than if they removed the whole sack.

LMAO! Wow made it that far and said pku it. Had a dry night last night being too tired to care.

Possible only beer tonight. Kids are saying they are not tired but who knows if we make it to the 3rd.

View attachment 1460255144776.jpg

This place seems awfully quiet tonight, and weird stuff being discussed about wood piles in other "friendly" places. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow and be 30k posts behind as usual, and all will be back to normal...

FTFY; arrogants.

I probably my should be pissed at the arrogance but beer so I'm Ok

I may be the only one. Can't wait.

This should pair nicely with Taiwanese BBQ

Just crashed the IPA

Might be this weekend hopefully it will be ready too. I'll thrash out the details with SWMBO and let you know.

Mobile typing I suck at. 3 goes to get ok typed. Not even druk

Back