A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that photo of you gavin? I've never imagined you as a younger man. Always closer to what your former avatar was.

Yes that's me floating.. My former avatar until I received the brilliant one from @Pslyocide (which now seems moot and deletable as it just make me look like a tit) was from the groundbreaking "Real Ale Twats" (always find it funny that UK rude words are not censored on HBT) in Viz.

I'm probably ole. TR old not sure but ole e-bloody-nough.

Hoof Hearted Brew Pub, hoppy flight: Inflatable Time Machine, Konkey Dong, Jacuzzerooski, and Teletrilldonics.

They're selling some 4-packs that didn't sell out at the main brewery tonight here, so of course I had to come check it out.

View attachment 349259

Those beers all look terrible. I know there are threads on Hoof hearted and heir ugliness and hilarious laissez-faire name. Look like yeast starters to me.

Well, it's not the capital of Wisconsin. Wisconsin is one of those states whose capital is not the city that would seem to make sense.

So like most of them then.

Carson city
lansing
Trenton
Sacramento
Austin
Olympia
Salem
Baton Rouge
Lincoln
Springfield
etc

Oh I don't think it will be a government agency doing it :D Nasa will play a roll, but I think most of it would be private enterprise.

For certain no government unless WW3

I say us Friendly Friend Hooligan Malcontent Deviants storm Gavin's palace, steal all his money, steal all the ScienceLager™, and cast him into "permanent involuntary employment" making more ScienceLager™ for our enjoyment and amusement.

Call me a floccin peasant will he :mug:

Peasant! (!)

also, anybody know what happened to slym? Just thought about him when I saw the name of this thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=576948

Also thought about @m00ps because, well, just take a look.

Banned for posting in his usual manner I'd guess.

Happy Birthday @Gavin

Thanks P. You still here?

How did we get so far into today forgetting about @Untaggables birthday?!
Happy birthday, old man

BMDM Thanks. QOTD I'll miss.

This is why I like you as a mod. Let us have our fun. We'll be done soon enough.

Not me. Best of luck with the bar Jon. My well wishes stand sincere.

Everything about this is spot on.

This was my "hangout" spot on this forum, but I'm still in the various technical threads quite a bit too, both to help others learn and to learn myself. And plan on still doing so even if this thread goes down.

But if people want to keep this thread going staying within confines of the rules set by underappreciated mods with a hard and thankless job, that'd be awesome. Otherwise it's been fun while it lasted.

Thanks for the +1 Q. Means a lot coming from a solid like yourself.

Yeah... it would be different if any rules were broken after the initial lock.

P. They were broken. That is vey clear to you as well as to me.

I would appeal to all FF

My platform 2016

Just pick up as t'were before.

No need to change our up-until-recently normal behavior as it was clearly fine.

One erroneous swallow doesn't make a summer .Place it to onesie, file it away and move on.

Let's be friendly. All of us. Lets have fun. I have fun here and feel strongly enough to write this *****ey post.

Laugh at me as you may, to me it's worth it for I value the virtual friendships I have gleaned here. I sure as flock don't make many friends changing nappies and reading HBT online in the dark as I put kids to sleep.

Im not tapped or otherwise, i don't Facebook, gram,snap, imag, vox or Line. HBT is my nerd outlet. Good to know others are similarly nerded.

I'm never going to queue for a beer release or know about the latest seasonal saison/BBAQ but I sure do enjoy learning about your exploits.

HBT needs a place for all of this nonsense. This thread is the place for that. It rightfully belongs here and some of us have made that happen (not me I'm an ignoramus when it comes to beer). I am one but of a few beer-idiots that have learned a ton from y'all. It should continue. "The needs of the many etc..."

Nothing, rocking the baby. Poor kid had shots and blood drawn. All routine, but you tell that to a 1 year old. But at least it's Friday!!

If you have time, might be worth a trip to autozone / pep boys / whatever auto parts store they have to replace the tail light yourself.

Canadian bush = tundra ? ( that's the clean version, politically incorrect version would involve the Canadian national animal and Frank Drebin).

Mobile like.
I love that movie

Yes that's me floating.. My former avatar until I received the brilliant one from @Pslyocide (which now seems moot and deletable as it just make me look like a tit) was from the groundbreaking "Real Ale Twats" (always find it funny that UK rude words are not censored on HBT) in Viz.

I'm probably ole. TR old not sure but ole e-bloody-nough.

Those beers all look terrible. I know there are threads on Hoof hearted and heir ugliness and hilarious laissez-faire name. Look like yeast starters to me.

So like most of them then.

Carson city

lansing

Trenton

Sacramento

Austin

Olympia

Salem

Baton Rouge

Lincoln

Springfield

etc

For certain no government unless WW3

Peasant! (!)

Banned for posting in his usual manner I'd guess.

Thanks P. You still here?

BMDM Thanks. QOTD I'll miss.

Not me. Best of luck with the bar Jon. My well wishes stand sincere.

Thanks for the +1 Q. Means a lot coming from a solid like yourself.

P. They were broken. That is vey clear to you as well as to me.

I would appeal to all FF

My platform 2016

Just pick up as t'were before.

No need to change our up-until-recently normal behavior as it was clearly fine.

One erroneous swallow doesn't make a summer .Place it to onesie, file it away and move on.

Let's be friendly. All of us. Lets have fun. I have fun here and feel strongly enough to write this *****ey post.

Laugh at me as you may, to me it's worth it for I value the virtual friendships I have gleaned here. I sure as flock don't make many friends changing nappies and reading HBT online in the dark as I put kids to sleep.

Im not tapped or otherwise, i don't Facebook, gram,snap, imag, vox or Line. HBT is my nerd outlet. Good to know others are similarly nerded.

I'm never going to queue for a beer release or know about the latest seasonal saison/BBAQ but I sure do enjoy learning about your exploits.

HBT needs a place for all of this nonsense. This thread is the place for that. It rightfully belongs here and some of us have made that happen (not me I'm an ignoramus when it comes to beer). I am one but of a few beer-idiots that have learned a ton from y'all. It should continue. "The needs of the many etc..."

Yes. Morning!

I was going to trim that quote down, but this is better.

This. @GavinScienceManUntaggable had fun and was loquacious last night (this mroning?).

Yes, I think he did. At one point it looked as if he was gonna troll the TR people. Turns out he was actually trying to make friends with them. You know he's quite refreshed at that point!

Sorry, a lot of you tx guys here seem pretty cool. but i can't stand texas, nor 99% of texans.

@ Gavin_C - Epic first post to read after a near weeklong hiatus from HBT. Nerd-on!!

Glad it's Friday! Been one hellacious week. Winded down after work yesterday at the taproom. Real Ale Morgul 2014 vintage aged in red wine barrels to start. Decent but very heavy red wine flavor. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460120656.540231.jpg

Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin on nitro next. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460120750.650759.jpg

As I was about to leave, the dude says they just tapped some Avery Uncle Jacob's Stout. That is some good stuff and dangerously hides the 17%!

Happy Friday all, and proud to be a Texan! And it's ok to be in denial if you have Texas envy. Cheers!

I'm here Drunkle. Q is too. 77 also Blizard made a cameo earlier on. Norway is representing on an unfortunate "null points", Brizzo is showing off his flooring (don't think he got the countertops memo), thatjonguy's finger are too frostbitten to type but he popped in.

Distinct lack of memes and painted super-nerd figurines today so CAD and the fellow with the cardboard-tube are AWOL as are many other sadly missed friends.

QOTD and all the venom and passion it inspires was a non-starter, fell at Beecher's Brook (google it Yanks), no mention of poutine so I guess eh-eh-eh has hopped on his moose and ridden off into the snowy sunset.

Tomorrow may bing another Mroing and ball-less Oregonian horse-dag pics. Who's to know. Will DC have spell check appropriately set on Finnish (subjunctive tense), will the Minnesotan's narrow mirrored sunnys finally slip from his nasal bones and reveal his true identity.

All will be revealed, same nerd channel, same nerd place, (maybe tomorrow, or Monday. I hope soon)

Sorry for forgetting/not mentioning many of y'all. Just spitballing and slightly refreshed.

Also crashed my rental car today so that is worth a like or two. (2mph crash cost ~$500) FML:(

Great post. Very descriptive.

Check the benefits from the credit card you used to rent the car. Many times you automatically get rental car insurance from the card. Might save you some beer money.

Morning friends. Trying to PKU, things (still) getting weird I see. Went to Grand Rapids Brewing Co with the family last night, had two really nice brews. A coconut stout on nitro and a rye "IPA" that made psy's look positively pretty. But it tasted nice.

Morning friends. Trying to PKU, things (still) getting weird I see. Went to Grand Rapids Brewing Co with the family last night, had two really nice brews. A coconut stout on nitro and a rye "IPA" that made psy's look positively pretty. But it tasted nice.

Lol, thanks for that... I guess.

:D

Beautiful looking Helles there. 77, you finally cracked out a glass worthy of a Helles. Why is @iijakii getting special treatment? Is it because his sour leaked? No sour sympathy here.

Agreed. This Buffalo Pizza is something me and the other half have been talking about off and on since lsat we were here. Seriously the most memorable Pizza I've eaten. Killer good aromatic fresh IPA's on tap too. Mouth is watering just thinking about the hoppy-buffalo chicken jalapeño combo. (Mac just automatically added that n thingy)

Flock this canned IPA is good. Got it in a corner store. That also had 40oz bottles of stuff. Just to give perspective. The hipster beer scene here must be insane. Nice not to be paying CAD prices again. USA= cheaper craft beer.

Insanely good weather here. Just incredible. I want to live up here. I amy just have to move.

ETA: Hamburger Pizza can flock off back to whatever primordial soup it climbed from.

Same as what MHurst said. Check the housing prices first, you might have to downgrade the castle. Also, it won't be sunny forever, though as an Irishman, perhaps that's not a deal-breaker.

Hi!
Still several of us here. Don't be afraid we are still just as friendly as ever.

My dog is getting old. She managed to strain a muscle in her sleep last night :/ .

Poor dag. Best wishes.

Same as what MHurst said. Check the housing prices first, you might have to downgrade the castle. Also, it won't be sunny forever, though as an Irishman, perhaps that's not a deal-breaker.

I hear he has the fairest skin in all of Texas.

Beautiful looking Helles there. 77, you finally cracked out a glass worthy of a Helles. Why is @iijakii getting special treatment? Is it because his sour leaked? No sour sympathy here.

Agreed. This Buffalo Pizza is something me and the other half have been talking about off and on since lsat we were here. Seriously the most memorable Pizza I've eaten. Killer good aromatic fresh IPA's on tap too. Mouth is watering just thinking about the hoppy-buffalo chicken jalapeño combo. (Mac just automatically added that n thingy)

Flock this canned IPA is good. Got it in a corner store. That also had 40oz bottles of stuff. Just to give perspective. The hipster beer scene here must be insane. Nice not to be paying CAD prices again. USA= cheaper craft beer.

Insanely good weather here. Just incredible. I want to live up here. I amy just have to move.

ETA: Hamburger Pizza can flock off back to whatever primordial soup it climbed from.

I didn't have that glass yet when I drank yours. Brahba O'Riley.

Hi!
Still several of us here. Don't be afraid we are still just as friendly as ever.

My dog is getting old. She managed to strain a muscle in her sleep last night :/ .

Poor thing. You can see how much pain she's in.

My 2 have cost me $1200 in vet bills 2 months. An $800 15sec fight, and a $400 frisbee play time where one tore the dew claw. There taking the fun out of it...

View attachment 1460125803723.jpg

Same here Broba Fett.

I'm just hanging out, drinking a broca-cola, reading up on the Kurt Brocaine documentary and planning a trip out to Brokland. My kid has a report do on a president, naturally it will be on Teddy Brosevelt. Lunch time today I may go see if there are any food trucks out by the Edgar Allen Bro house, around the corner from the office.

Everyone sign the cast ?? ... :beard:

Poor dag. Best wishes.

Poor thing. You can see how much pain she's in.

My 2 have cost me $1200 in vet bills 2 months. An $800 15sec fight, and a $400 freebie play time where one tore the dew claw. There taking the fun out of it...

Thanks all. Dog is doing fine not in a cast, just wrapped so she will be slowed down.

@PianoMan dang those are not nice bills. However on the bright side they are always happy to see you.

BTW Morning and drinking some work coffee that probably is stripping the enamel from teeth.

Back