A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6726ec7f42338e19381e9d7d8b4acd87.jpg

Bit late on response...buttt..

Landing has never been the issue. Traveling to Mars has never been the issue. Space is the issue. Outside Earths magnetic field, astronauts are subjected to deadly amounts of solar radiation and cosmic rays. Mars itself has a tiny atmosphere and almost non-existent magnetic field. So no help there with radiation. It's a deadly adventure just to travel/stay there.

Also, regardless what tv says, there's no way to produce enough breathable air much less create rocket fuel from the Martian atmosphere as it's 1/150th of Earths pressure. Even then, the composition is not condusive for either one.

Huge amount of supplies have to be sent first. But because of the position of the Earth relative to Mars in their orbits around the sun, there's only small windows to perform launches.

Earth is traveling about 67,000mph around the sun. Mars around 53,000mph. So when launching, you have to perfectly time the intersection because there's no way to catch up if a miss occurs. It's more an issue with coming back as the Earth is much faster. It's an amazing feat in science we can even do what we do now with planetary explorers.

Oh, to answer your question..No.

Ok, back to beer...

I know landing isn't necessarily the issue, but it's one of the big ones to drive the costs down first. They can't really start trying to figure out solutions to all the rest when just the trip there is next to impossible as far as investment/worth.

I know landing isn't necessarily the issue, but it's one of the big ones to drive the costs down first. They can't really start trying to figure out solutions to all the rest when just the trip there is next to impossible as far as investment/worth.

About 15 years ago, I started the creation of a more modern Economic system based on an infinite money supply. One of my ideas, was to allow massive investment into space technology development/exploration without heavy taxes. Too long to explain the system. Have about a 12pg manifesto written...

Back