A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6a00d8341c652b53ef015391c79429970b-800wi.jpg

Dude, did you miss what happened the past couple of days?
I don't want to take this thread backbdown the inappropriate direction or turn it political...I was just trying to make a Hillary joke. But I usually keep up with what's going on andbi haven't seen anything about the topic you mentioned in the last couple of days. There was some of that around the first week of March, during a debate and follow-up interviews. If anything more recent, I definitely missed it.

You get outta here with that black licorice jelly bean bs. Go wash out your mouth, take a five min timeout in the corner, and then when you're ready to apologize, you can come back in. Understand?

My daughter gave me a pack of jelly beans last week were there were two flavours for each colour of been. It could be a toasted marshmallow or a baby wipes, a lime or a grass clippings, coconut or sweaty socks or even a tuttifrutti or a vomit.

Bloody April fools day. Good for playing Russian Roulette though.

QOTD: Is black licorice the worst, or just plain terrible? posters of any other answers will be reported to the proper authorities and added to the terrorist watchlist

My daughter gave me a pack of jelly beans last week were there were two flavours for each colour of been. It could be a toasted marshmallow or a baby wipes, a lime or a grass clippings, coconut or sweaty socks or even a tuttifrutti or a vomit.

Bloody April fools day. Good for playing Russian Roulette though.

Bean boozled. Fun stuff.

Coffee, work.

QOTD: Is black licorice the worst, or just plain terrible? posters of any other answers will be reported to the proper authorities and added to the terrorist watchlist
They're so good, it's the ONLY flavor that Brach's sells individually in whole bags.

Last edited:
I don't want to take this thread backbdown the inappropriate direction or turn it political...I was just trying to make a Hillary joke. But I usually keep up with what's going on andbi haven't seen anything about the topic you mentioned in the last couple of days. There was some of that around the first week of March, during a debate and follow-up interviews. If anything more recent, I definitely missed it.

As always, no politics outside the debate forum.

Quiet in here this morning. What gives?

@m00ps
@hunter_la5
@TheCADJockey
@iijakii

Reported.

Try not to resist too much when the Feds come to take you away. It will only make things worse.

Your feds have no jurisdiction over me.

200_s.gif

Quiet in here this morning. What gives?

@m00ps , @hunter_la5 , @TheCADJockey must all be busy.

@iijakii is probably just waking up.

QOTD: Horriable stuff, tastes like straight anise to me. All good and do not care just more for the people who like it.

Bump for the cellar dweller MLB bet:

1. pick a team to finish dead last in MLB
2. Give total wins by that team as tie breaker (Price is right rules: closest without going over)
3. Must PM me by this Saturday night (midnight Mountain Daylight Time)

Everyone who does agrees to send at least 1 bottle of commercial or home brew to the winner.

I'll post of up the guesses sometime on Sunday for all to see.

So far we have 5 entries:
@BeerMeDuffMan
@PianoMan
@Mhurst111
@Helly
@Zekk

QOTD: Any licorice / anise flavor in my food gets spit back at the person that made it.

Black licorice is what happened during the one week when willy wonka let the dark side get ahold of him. The damage can unfortunately never be reversed.

Bump for the cellar dweller MLB bet:

1. pick a team to finish dead last in MLB
2. Give total wins by that team as tie breaker (Price is right rules: closest without going over)
3. Must PM me by this Saturday night (midnight Mountain Daylight Time)

Everyone who does agrees to send at least 1 bottle of commercial or home brew to the winner.

I'll post of up the guesses sometime on Sunday for all to see.

So far we have 5 entries:
@BeerMeDuffMan
@PianoMan
@Mhurst111
@Helly
@Zekk

QOTD: Any licorice / anise flavor in my food gets spit back at the person that made it.

I'll be in on this one

I love black licorice. Not the nasty salt and licorice candy.

Drinking coffee, short day at work. Kid is getting 12 month shots.

I love black licorice. Not the nasty salt and licorice candy.

Drinking coffee, short day at work. Kid is getting 12 month shots.

This place is still open for business? I love black licorice i'll eat a big box of good n plenty in a sitting. Btw wth is DEM? How about PKU? I try to follow aling but it's obvious to me that I lack the requisite coolness to really participate.

This place is still open for business? I love black licorice i'll eat a big box of good n plenty in a sitting. Btw wth is DEM? How about PKU? I try to follow aling but it's obvious to me that I lack the requisite coolness to really participate.

Dark English mild, please keep up. ;)

Happy national beer day! A few good ones will be drank tonight to celebrate.

lol Dark English Mild
Please Keep Up

Back to the rockets. I pretty much became enamored with what's going on inside Elon Musk's brain because of this series of articles:

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/05/elon-musk-the-worlds-raddest-man.html

Lots of great stuff on that site.

I believe Musk's goal is to have a man on Mars by 2030, if I remember correctly. They've already landed one rocket on land, that was pretty big history that, unfortunately, most of the world knew nothing about. They've yet to accomplish the sea pad landing, though they had all the telemetry and trajectory and all those other big sciencey physicsy words right last time - just that one of the locks for one of the legs never set. That's one part that I don't quite get the logistics of, but there must be a very good reason for it. Anybody know why it's so important for them to land on the sea pad and not just keep trying to land on a "non-moving" target?

Bit late on response...buttt..

Landing has never been the issue. Traveling to Mars has never been the issue. Space is the issue. Outside Earths magnetic field, astronauts are subjected to deadly amounts of solar radiation and cosmic rays. Mars itself has a tiny atmosphere and almost non-existent magnetic field. So no help there with radiation. It's a deadly adventure just to travel/stay there.

Also, regardless what tv says, there's no way to produce enough breathable air much less create rocket fuel from the Martian atmosphere as it's 1/150th of Earths pressure. Even then, the composition is not condusive for either one.

Huge amount of supplies have to be sent first. But because of the position of the Earth relative to Mars in their orbits around the sun, there's only small windows to perform launches.

Earth is traveling about 67,000mph around the sun. Mars around 53,000mph. So when launching, you have to perfectly time the intersection because there's no way to catch up if a miss occurs. It's more an issue with coming back as the Earth is much faster. It's an amazing feat in science we can even do what we do now with planetary explorers.

Oh, to answer your question..No.

Ok, back to beer...

Need more coffee.

Really hoping to bottle my RIS this weekend and maybe brew a DEM. The RIS has been on oak for 4 weeks now and I don't want it to sit much longer.

britny fox....:rockin:

Then I hope you're only talking about the first album. lol It was good and they put on a good show (I think I saw them open for 3 or 4 bands in the late 80s including Lita Ford). Boyz in Heat felt like it dragged on forever even though it was barely over 30 minutes long.

Anybody know why it's so important for them to land on the sea pad and not just keep trying to land on a "non-moving" target?

To simulate landing on an unknown surface you have not seen/analyzed or they are planning on saving fuel by launching and landing at sea near Earths equator.

Latest posts

Back