A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One wipe wonder or less memorable?

CAD scienced just there. Did anyone else see it. Not a derp in the whole post.

1000464_the_this_old_house_hour.jpg

Don't you have to actually go places to drink beer and buy beers and tick boxes or something. Not knocking it but I really have no social life. I think having an untapped lowball number confirming same might be a bit much to take.

Homerpoolbarn.jpg

I like rockets.

View attachment 349227

Just checking in at nap time. Fun times

Hope so

I don't think that's realistic unfortunately. It could be done but won't be. I am disappoint every time I hear Gene Cernan talk about lifting his foot from the moon in 1972. We pretty much had the technology to go to mars then. The blueprint for the Saturn V has since been destroyed and no comparable launch vehicle is in the works to the best of my knowledge.

You a cricket fan? Who is touring England this summer?

Multiple internets for anyone (not you Mcspanner, I can't internets outside of 48 states) who can identify all the positions in this picture. Indeterminate time limit.

maxresdefault.jpg

A whole bunch of no one cares because cricket is worse than baseball.

Don't you have to actually go places to drink beer and buy beers and tick boxes or something. Not knocking it but I really have no social life. I think having an untapped lowball number confirming same might be a bit much to take.

Homerpoolbarn.jpg

I like rockets.

View attachment 349227

Hope so

I don't think that's realistic unfortunately. It could be done but won't be. I am disappoint every time I hear Gene Cernan talk about lifting his foot from the moon in 1972. We pretty much had the technology to go to mars then. The blueprint for the Saturn V has since been destroyed and no comparable launch vehicle is in the works to the best of my knowledge.

Multiple internets for anyone (not you Mcspanner, I can't internets outside of 48 states) who can identify all the positions in this picture. Indeterminate time limit.

maxresdefault.jpg

We've got Sri Lanka and Pakistan touring this summer. Tens to go to the odd county match at the proper Old Trafford.

Back to the rockets. I pretty much became enamored with what's going on inside Elon Musk's brain because of this series of articles:

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/05/elon-musk-the-worlds-raddest-man.html

Lots of great stuff on that site.

I believe Musk's goal is to have a man on Mars by 2030, if I remember correctly. They've already landed one rocket on land, that was pretty big history that, unfortunately, most of the world knew nothing about. They've yet to accomplish the sea pad landing, though they had all the telemetry and trajectory and all those other big sciencey physicsy words right last time - just that one of the locks for one of the legs never set. That's one part that I don't quite get the logistics of, but there must be a very good reason for it. Anybody know why it's so important for them to land on the sea pad and not just keep trying to land on a "non-moving" target?

Back to the rockets. I pretty much became enamored with what's going on inside Elon Musk's brain because of this series of articles:

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/05/elon-musk-the-worlds-raddest-man.html

Lots of great stuff on that site.

I believe Musk's goal is to have a man on Mars by 2030, if I remember correctly. They've already landed one rocket on land, that was pretty big history that, unfortunately, most of the world knew nothing about. They've yet to accomplish the sea pad landing, though they had all the telemetry and trajectory and all those other big sciencey physicsy words right last time - just that one of the locks for one of the legs never set. That's one part that I don't quite get the logistics of, but there must be a very good reason for it. Anybody know why it's so important for them to land on the sea pad and not just keep trying to land on a "non-moving" target?

Maybe they took the idea out of a page from @beermeduffman overly complicated contest book?

Under cooked when we tried them. Doesn't matter, Psy was right.. I just don't get excited about food. One of the little street tacos and then beer all night and I'm happy at WOB.

Too bad. The were deliciously crispy and covered in bacon.

RIP Merle Haggard

Fries or tots is a heated debate. Might close the thread again. Over all I say tots. I dont eat them as often as fries so that makes them special

Don't get me wrong, generally speaking, fries > tots. The nachos, however, were really, really good.

no, polio is played on wheelchairs.

Too soon?

Run done, rest day tomorrow. If today is any indication about how tomorrow will go, it will not be a dry day.

Seltzer incoming.

I thought jarts was played in the ER... or is that just where the post-game party is?

Yes in fact.

haha I thought so too. Started off slightly to the right, then I thought, "Hmm, I wonder if I can even see that face through the beer." Then I could, and it was creepy. Good job drunkle, you creeped us all out.

Hahaha. I did not notice it until you pointed it out. That is creepier than hell. Maybe I should save that picture to become my av come halloween time.

Homerpoolbarn.jpg

I like rockets.

View attachment 349227

Hope so

maxresdefault.jpg

They have a good idea on some of the tech that would be needed, but the main goal is survival over the long haul. We know more about prolonged solar radiation now then we did in the 50's through the 70s, bit still not enough to ensure survival over the long haul. With advances in energy conversion from water to a fuel source and creating alternate sources of energy, designing a vehicle around those parameters wouldn't take too long, depending on funding. I'll wager a bet Gav...we will have not only a person on mars, but also back to earth before 2036 or I'll owe you a case of beer :mug:

That was a doozy. I still haven't recovered. Better have another beer. For the record I googled everything, all of them. If there was a doubt.

Lol I even picked the easy ones. Maybe in a few more months I'll do another on around a different subject.

They have a good idea on some of the tech that would be needed, but the main goal is survival over the long haul. We know more about prolonged solar radiation now then we did in the 50's through the 70s, bit still not enough to ensure survival over the long haul. With advances in energy conversion from water to a fuel source and creating alternate sources of energy, designing a vehicle around those parameters wouldn't take too long, depending on funding. I'll wager a bet Gav...we will have not only a person on mars, but also back to earth before 2036 or I'll owe you a case of beer :mug:

That's actually not too bad of a guestimate in my estimation. If Musk thinks we will have someone there by 2030, and it takes 3.5 years to travel back, your math is not too far off. Who knows, maybe it will be less than 3.5 years by that time, and therefore you'll have plenty of leeway.

Dealing with the other bodily effects (muscle atrophy, etc.) over the trip is another biggie, but I think it's pretty likely to happen within my lifetime. 2030s seems reasonable.

Dealing with the other bodily effects (muscle atrophy, etc.) over the trip is another biggie, but I think it's pretty likely to happen within my lifetime. 2030s seems reasonable.

True, but some of them are avoidable. The electric muscle stimulators can help prevent the muscle atrophy. Bone density loss though is a tough one. If they can stop that we may be able to cure/prevent osteoperosis.

Back