A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having this courtesy of @bigperm is this supposed to look like this? Don't get me wrong it's tasty, but different to the eye.
View attachment 348971

Yeah, that's a thing. Northeast IPA. Lots of things like flaked wheat or oats and hop matter contribute to the milkshake look. I received a Tired Hands Punge that looked downright green on the pour. Some people assume it's yeast, but it's usually other proteins and hop matter.

QOTD:
What is your favorite yeast strain(s) and why?

My most used is probably chico, but my favorite is probably either 1728 or 3711. Both because I really like their fermentation profile for their respective styles and relatively low maintenance. I brew a way heavy once or twice a year and an 80 shilling pretty often during the year. So I obviously like 1728. I just started brewing a dark saison a few years ago that is very popular for festivals, so 3711 is my favorite saison yeast because I can just set the fermentors in the home office and leave them alone.

Wait, did the boneyard really get banished? How the hell did that get shut down?

Hm. I only just noticed it was gone because you said something.

Boss found an old travel coffee mug in his office that he thought was empty. He couldn't get it open, and when I got it open we saw an awesome science experiment. Gross!

That certainly sucks...its a hard line to walk when it comes to maleficence (damn I love that word). For that sort of value I would escalate it faster then I normally would. It would make a difference if the person remained in contact, but if they just stopped contact all of the sudden for unexplained reasons, it comes off as shady, no matter what the circumstance.
Right. See just below for my ramble about it. I hope this doesn't have to escalate through a court system just to get his attention. It will cost me more.
Morning.

What else can you do to escalate if they are not responding?

Sucks about the garden. For some reason my crocuses didn't bloom this year. I love those things. They are always super early here and they makes me so happy during those last couple snow storms.

Wait, did the boneyard really get banished? How the hell did that get shut down?
Boneyard is gone? Damn, I went there for dick pics.

As far as escalation, I would likely have to file a case in small claims court to get his attention. It pisses me off that I have to even worry this much. He has always been VERY responsive. He was lagging slightly when I shipped the thing to him on 2/21, but it was so slight, it didn't bother me. I did not send another email until 3/18, which I thought I would have it back. I waited 3 days, sent another email, 3 after that...then it dropped to a day or so, then every day the last couple of days. His # on his PayPal invoice is out of service. The address I originally had for him appears to be an apartment and now the address I shipped to is a house. I googled his name and didn't see anything in the news that suggested something terrible has happened to him. I PM'd him here, I sent a message to his eBay account, and a message from his website. Basically I've turned into a total f'ing stalker. (sorry for the ramble).

With $1200 on the line and knowing there address I'd camp out in front of there home till I got some answers.
He is on the other side of the country. Makes it tough.
Oh and to PKU, @Hello , Just give my box to @Slym2none

I'm 100% serious and if you need his address I'll PM you.

LOL What does @slym2none have on you?
BTW, do you know what PKU means? (I do, so I wondered what context it should be used in these days).

@Helly
@Hunter_la5
@dad23ds
@banesong

Ok fella's, 12pm, EST sound like a good time for everybody?
If anybody else has any questions they want to see asked, feel free to PM me for consideration.
Hoping to ask at least 5 questions, best out of 5 wins.

@Helly
@Hunter_la5
@dad23ds
@banesong

Ok fella's, 12pm, EST sound like a good time for everybody?
If anybody else has any questions they want to see asked, feel free to PM me for consideration.
Hoping to ask at least 5 questions, best out of 5 wins.

12pm EST is no is no good for me, but how about 11am CST?
I only operate in real time zones.

Wasnt he a Pokémon?

Efff.... Having a hard time staying awake today.

chardeharhar

Same here. I'm on my fifth cup of crappy office coffee. Even went fo a little walk to look for a suspicious person who came to our customer pick up door and gave the pick up clerk a hard time. Nothings working.

chardeharhar

Same here. I'm on my fifth cup of crappy office coffee. Even went fo a little walk to look for a suspicious person who came to our customer pick up door and gave the pick up clerk a hard time. Nothings working.

Lunch beer always perks me up momentarily.

funny-grumpy-cat-images-hd-wallpaper-1080x611-640x0.jpg

Pretty much the person with the quickest google will probably win. Only three people total knew a round about version of the answer directly.

Sounds like I may be the 4th seed then. No google for me on the Force Lightning round. Recently expanded my role here at work and now interviewing to fill a new customer service position for a couple product lines. Lots of nope so far but some hope in candidate interviewing Friday.

QOTD: Notty in cooler months because I can ferment in low 60s. 05 in summer so I only have to keep it around 67F.

QOTD: I use US-05 the most because it's cheap, easy, and works for a lot of styles. I wouldn't say it's my favorite, but if I try anything else, I'm usually experimenting and it's a one-off attempt.

Latest posts

Back