A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12821495_1103237899699134_1691025396699493421_n.jpg

Thanks for the explanation. I thought I was going crazy for a minute there since I still see the avatar.

Yeah, I always thought it was a little weird. My paid membership is expired as well, but my horse head avatar lives on.

Kegged my latest IPA today. Not exactly what I was going for, but I'm happy with it. Spent the rest of the day running back and forth to the storm shelter. So far the tornados have missed us. We did get I nice amount of hail. View attachment 344258View attachment 344259
Having this nowView attachment 344260

That amount of hail seems not very nice to me. Glad you're staying out of the tornados and saved the vehicles from damage.

Hey friendly friends! Miss me? I wouldn't either, lol.

It was a busy weekend. Taught a class yesterday on beer, consulted on a new home construction for a draft system install and met with someone selling a local beer bar. Hoping to buy that with a few others, the owners want me to take over so nothing changes.

Drank too much after class, gave some drunk chick a piggy back ride in a bar for a scavenger hunt for St. Pattys day weekend part 1.

Damn I'm tired. Also: **** Daylight Savings time bull ****.

Did I read that correctly that you're buying a few bars? Good luck! We're looking forward to you hosting the first friendly friends meetup.

That amount of hail seems not very nice to me. Glad you're staying out of the tornados and saved the vehicles from damage.

Did I read that correctly that you're buying a few bars? Good luck! We're looking forward to you hosting the first friendly friends meetup.

Nothing official yet, but contemplating it. I'm young enough that I can make that type of purchase without impacting my retirement plans. It's only one bar, little hole in the wall, craft only place. It would be with one or two other people that want to be silent.

Euphorie Brett IPA

Wow, this is like fruit juice. Im normally a dank/citrus IPA dirnker,b ut this is delicious. It's quite unique. I am looking forward you yours, @m00ps

Nothing official yet, but contemplating it. I'm young enough that I can make that type of purchase without impacting my retirement plans. It's only one bar, little hole in the wall, craft only place. It would be with one or two other people that want to be silent.

That's awesome! Hopefully you can make it profitable!

That's exciting! I missed this earlier.

Night cap View attachment 344275

+1. Somehow I completely missed it the first time.

Done cleaning the dishes, started packing lunches for the kids for tomorrow. Having a quick pour of pineapple non-blonde. Tomorrow will likely suck, but at least I got a jump on things.

Having some severe weather here right now, but no hail.

Yet.

Last night, my brew-bro gave me a couple of Diesel Punk IIPAs. He said they were awful and maybe I could do something with them cooking-wise.

Holy ****, these things are awful. Imagine turpentine watered down with sugar-water, but worse. That's what these things taste like to me. I might could boil some bratwurst in them and not **** up the brats.

Maybe.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this an Ugh, I Just Vomited In My Mouth A Little.

Last edited:
OMG, we are getting thunder that, when it first hits, moves my curtains, and then rolls into a rumble that shakes the entire house.

This is awesome!

Jusy skipped 636 posts... Yall been busy. Phone is broken so I'm feeling lost not being able to keep up. Gonna get it fixed tomorrow, but have an endoscopy first thing in the morning so I can hear the dr tell me what I already know, that my hiatal hernia needs surgery. They wont get the results back for 2 weeks and then have to refer me to a surgeon after that so looks like I'm gonna be off beer, coffee, or anything good to eat for probably the next month or so. Can barely swallow gatorade even with how much it hurts, but at least the dr gave me percocet. Somebody drink some bourbon and smoke a cigar for me

Good luck if all the ducks line up for you!

Jusy skipped 636 posts... Yall been busy. Phone is broken so I'm feeling lost not being able to keep up. Gonna get it fixed tomorrow, but have an endoscopy first thing in the morning so I can hear the dr tell me what I already know, that my hiatal hernia needs surgery. They wont get the results back for 2 weeks and then have to refer me to a surgeon after that so looks like I'm gonna be off beer, coffee, or anything good to eat for probably the next month or so. Can barely swallow gatorade even with how much it hurts, but at least the dr gave me percocet. Somebody drink some bourbon and smoke a cigar for me

Wishing the best for you, but no matter what, hopefully you'll be back on your feet again soon.

Water on a soggy Monday morning.

Checking in

Cold/Flu stuff I've been fighting seems to have taken a turn for the worse (probably the beginning of a sinus infection) :(. Went online and fibbed a bit on symptoms (yes the snot has changed color and yes it's been over 2 weeks), antibiotics ready to go in 30 minutes. :)
Who's got time to be sick?

Doh!

The real question is - how much for Boba?

French press and oatmeal.

Same cost. 9 smackers.

Considering getting an annual pass for next year, and if I do and get stuck with a singular magic band for the whole year, I'm springing the extra 26 bucks for a Boba Fett skin for it.

Morning all. Weekend kicked my ass.

Between the testing until midnight on Friday and the tournament and DST and the kid's Bday party yesterday, I'm really wishing I would've taken today off.

Back