A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you a member of the armed forces? (Deployment)

I think he is talking about a software deployment.

Yes, much less noble than armed forces. Software deployment this weekend. Just had our final go/no-go meeting - moving forward. All looking good - few more hours of work before I can go frolic in this spring/summer weather.

Had a few too many last night, considering I had to be in at 7am today. Started at Rockmill Brewery after my shift. That place is beautiful and yesterday was the perfect day to enjoy it. Reminds me a lot of Jester King, but set in Ohio farm country. Old farmhouse, beautiful restoration, opens out on a nice backyard down to a pond with a dock. You can walk around the whole property, plenty of people were out picnicking.

Good beers too - they were selling a batch of 'Sour Saison', which was actually an infected batch of their regular Saison. Bartender called it 'spontaneous fermentation' and I got excited at first, then he explained some more, said it was a 'good infection'. I bought a couple bottles to see for myself, since they were selling them at a discount.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460909817.241162.jpg

Two story fermentation set up! :p

Temp control ftw

Light the gasoline you dumped on it?

Beer tasting class here soon. Yard work for the rest of the day. Wooo?

Plug wire on it ?? they only need 3 things, air, fuel, and spark ... :mug:

Turns out it had to be the gas. I filled up a gas can fresh and tried swapping it out and it decided to start up without issue. Kind of surprising that last years gas went bad that quickly. Oh well.

I have been killing helles' lately. So f'n good and a nice break from dipas oh and morning friends

Yeah, very refreshing. Needed something to wash away that gin & juice thing. Took my taste buds a while to adjust back to normal.

Coffee this morning. Had a few too many imperial stouts last night. I really love Prairie Bomb, so damn good.

Woke up abruptly twice last night (really this morning). At 6 am my 1 yr old decided he wanted to play the "lets see how loud and high pitched I can squeal" game. Not crying, just exercising his vocals. Then at 9 am to some really loud house-shaking thunder. We've apparently got a flash flood watch in N. Tx from today through Tuesday morning... Gonna be a lazy weekend.

Had a few too many last night, considering I had to be in at 7am today. Started at Rockmill Brewery after my shift. That place is beautiful and yesterday was the perfect day to enjoy it. Reminds me a lot of Jester King, but set in Ohio farm country. Old farmhouse, beautiful restoration, opens out on a nice backyard down to a pond with a dock. You can walk around the whole property, plenty of people were out picnicking.

That place looks pretty sweet! Glad I made it out with the kids yesterday while we had some nice weather. Rain and more rain here this weekend. And beer, of course, so there's that.

Yes, much less noble than armed forces. Software deployment this weekend. Just had our final go/no-go meeting - moving forward. All looking good - few more hours of work before I can go frolic in this spring/summer weather.

Good beers too - they were selling a batch of 'Sour Saison', which was actually an infected batch of their regular Saison. Bartender called it 'spontaneous fermentation' and I got excited at first, then he explained some more, said it was a 'good infection'. I bought a couple bottles to see for myself, since they were selling them at a discount.

View attachment 350770

Temp control ftw

Looks like a cool spot. Infected Saison. Where's @iijakii with comment.

Turns out it had to be the gas. I filled up a gas can fresh and tried swapping it out and it decided to start up without issue. Kind of surprising that last years gas went bad that quickly. Oh well.

Gas now sux... too much ethanol ... runs havoc on the sleds as well ...

e406d1abfeaedc541a994fe29943fdbd.jpg

Dang sir.

Normal person: this Saison tastes infected...

Saison snob: you just don't get it, man....

Haha,This directed at me? still not as bad as my scorched grain bag saison which I convinced my friends that The rubbery aftertaste was rustic character. I was lucky tho. Any more would've been undrinkable

I've had fortunate results with the few infections I've had. If it's not moldy and offensive tasting just add a mix of brett and lacto and see what happens I say at least

Still waiting for @hunter_la5 to show up and see the terror he's unleashed up on the world by making me an ordained minister. Got 3 years till it expires

Still waiting for @hunter_la5 to show up and see the terror he's unleashed up on the world by making me an ordained minister. Got 3 years till it expires

I realized after I quoted this that what I wanted to say can't really be said here. Heh.

Dang does that mean you can throw fireballs and call for lightning?

Umm.

Well the Pistons didn't get it done but the Wings kicked butt tonight. I think I'm getting over this bug, gonna go to work tomorrow. My FIL brought his monster leaf blower over and cleaned up the yard real nice. It was awesome to have someone else do it but I felt super guilty not helping out.

Sorry, been on a motorcycle between sleazy desert motels the last 4 days. No wifi and little cell service, like some kind of animal.

I humbly request your services in officiating the holy union between my wife's two pet gerbils: Mr. Joseph Gerbils and Ms. Meany McBiteyface. We can do it over Skype. I will pay you in the form of more weird stuff sent to your mailbox.

The official Hunter's RockPaperScissors Overly-Complicated Beer Giveaway! has officially begun! I apologize if anyone was inadvertently left out. I am refreshed.

For all those who entered, please PM me your first round throws. Rock, Paper, or Scissors. Or just post 'em here, if you're feeling cocky. I'll update the bracket and announce the First Round results as soon an I get everyone's first-round submissions. Or when I get tired of waiting.

bracket.jpg

The official Hunter's RockPaperScissors Overly-Complicated Beer Giveaway! has officially begun! I apologize if anyone was inadvertently left out. I am refreshed.

For all those who entered, please PM me your first round throws. Rock, Paper, or Scissors. Or just post 'em here, if you're feeling cocky. I'll update the bracket and announce the First Round results as soon an I get everyone's first-round submissions. Or when I get tired of waiting.

View attachment 350848

@BrewinBromanite
@BrewinHooligan
@m00ps
@PianoMan
@drainbamage

Kids, don't drink and bracket.

I accidentally left BrewinHooligan off of the bracket, so CAD will actually be facing him in the first round.

I made no attestations that this giveaway would be fair, logical, or even well-run; only that it would be needlessly complicated.

Here is the updated bracket.

bracket.jpg

Sorry, been on a motorcycle between sleazy desert motels the last 4 days. No wifi and little cell service, like some kind of animal.

I humbly request your services in officiating the holy union between my wife's two pet gerbils: Mr. Joseph Gerbils and Ms. Meany McBiteyface. We can do it over Skype. I will pay you in the form of more weird stuff sent to your mailbox.

Done. This was the best I could do at work without raising some eyebrows.

Picture1.jpg

View attachment 350848

I already gave you my submission for each round. I would add that the superior spelling of it qualifies it to win any ties

Kids, don't drink and bracket.

I accidentally left BrewinHooligan off of the bracket, so CAD will actually be facing him in the first round.

I made no attestations that this giveaway would be fair, logical, or even well-run; only that it would be needlessly complicated.

Here is the updated bracket.

View attachment 350858

Every bracket should have a wormhole and/or p-brane component to it. Nice job, missed that the first time.

Gas now sux... too much ethanol ... runs havoc on the sleds as well ...

You guys do not use a fuel storage additive like STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer? I use it primarily because of the ethanol content.

Ever since I started using that stuff in the sea doo I have not had to deal with injectors gumming up. On another note I have had good luck with the techron additive freeing up injectors (might need 5-15min WOT to fully work).

@TheCADJockey and @BrewinHooligan send me a second throw.
@allenh and @geoffey send me a second throw
@chefrex and @brewinbromanite send me a second throw

Still need @David 's opening throw.
Still need @DisturbdChemist 's opening throw
Still need @PianoMan 's openingthrow

I reposted this for you to Myspace, facebook, instagram, yelp and christianmingle.com
Did I miss any other social media?

You have it now. Somehow "organGuy" didn't register at 6am this morning. Figured you forgot about me. Technically a piano and organ are two completely different instruments.

You have it now. Somehow "organGuy" didn't register at 6am this morning. Figured you forgot about me. Technically a piano and organ are two completely different instruments.

I though "organguy" was @hunter_la5 referencing his donorcycle with apes.

Him or @chefrex . I didn't look too hard at the bracket.

Seems to be slow going.

Latest posts

Back