A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my prizes from last night again. Sorry for shoehorning them here. Just wanted to show them off to the friendly friends.

Each beer more obnoxiously named than the last

Vienna Lager Medal.jpg

Pilsner Stein.jpg

. So should my backup plan simply be to pitch a saison strain instead?

You could start chugging any Brett beers you have in the cellar and pitch the dregs. 5 or 6 bottles might give you enough viable yeast. :)

Seriously, I'd pitch a saison yeast.

Just got back from an early morning hike.

View attachment 1457885235510.jpg

Mas Cafe. Going for a run once the baby is asleep. Wife got home late last night in a foul mood.

Finally got to eat breakfast, consumed a ton of water, still feel like dog $hit. Yep I'm hungover. Flocc! Gonna try to take a nap and see if that helps

You could start chugging any Brett beers you have in the cellar and pitch the dregs. 5 or 6 bottles might give you enough viable yeast. :)

Seriously, I'd pitch a saison yeast.

Just got back from an early morning hike.

Yeah, thinking that's just what I'll do here if I don't see some signs of activity by tomorrow.

Nice view btw!

Howdy all. I'm back, big as life, and twice as ugly. Good to be on dry land again.

@m00ps

Happy birthday Gavin.

[pku]

@Hunter_la5 isn't here, so @m00ps

Need somebody else to pick up his slack.

Thank you. @m00ps

Always miss so much crap over the weekend.

@hunter_la5 - congrats you lucky bastard

@Psylocide - sucks, sucks, always sucks. But at least itll get better from here. Thats been my experience with loved ones in declining health at least

Thanks you too. :mug:

Just a friendly reminder for any interested friendly friends...

I'm only accepting entries for another 2.5 hours or so. Super easy contest. Super cool box of beer. Nothing to lose.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7455908&postcount=23403

Close your eyes and imagine a big pile of buffalo wings. That's my entry. What did I win?

At the yueng

Yueng-a-Ling

egads. I've slacked off on my picked up responsibilities!

@hunter_la5 says @m00ps

Gracias.

Like you're the first person who thought that might work... please.

@hunter_la5

Kid is out of town for a week, let's show him some tag love.

Wait-

Wait, I thought quote-tagging worked on mobile, but not actually typing it out?

Edit - crap, guess not. @hunter_la5

-what-

@hunter_la5

-no-

I know @hunter_la5 will appreciate your efforts.

-stahp-

If you go to web view it works.
@Hunter_la5

-argh-

@m00ps

Am i doing it right?

That's more like it @m00ps

Sent Psy some friendly encouragement. Looking forward to winning beers.

____
@hunter_la5

Dammit.

Side bet: Winner gets a box from me too. Unless @hunter_la5 wins at which point I'll drink it instead.

That seems fair.

Thanks a lot @hunter_la5

Et tu Brute?

The Psylocide Kumdo/Kendo Tournament Giveaway and Pool for Friendly Friends

The rules are simple.

-PM me and let me know if I'll place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd this Saturday at the tournament

-I will add you to the list for that standing

-Of the users that guessed correctly, I will run a random number generator to select the winner and I will send them free beer.

-If I don't place at all... we all lose and you can make fun of me for being a ****ty cardboard tube fighter

Bonus: If my team wins the team sparring tournament, all names go into a random drawing for free beer

1st Place: Gavin C, TheCADJockey,

2nd Place: BeerMeDuffman, iijakii, coyote68, BGBC, blizzard

3rd Place: drainbamage

Thanks for the words of encouragement all.

Dead last. Perhaps even cardboard tubed to death. What do I win?

I know dude. Nickelback. The horror.

Also the child laborer part but I was stringing barbwire fence in 6th grade and I lived.

I wonder id @hunter_la5 had a job at 11 years old?

Does mowing lawns and raking leaves for pocket money count?

Yes.

@hunter_la5

Damn you.

I'm all in for this.

@hunter_la5

Damn you all.

@hunter_la5 is on a boat, doing it like they do on Discovery Channel. Says he'll be gone for a whole week.

Yup. My balls are tapped dry.

What? Did hunter felt the banhammer?

Pretty much. Go tell Randar to masticate a certain bodily appendage and see what happens.

Best of luck and congratulations.

@brewinhooligan - get better man. Keep this up and I'm gonna fly BK out there to kick your ass into shape!

@hunter_la5

Yawl stop that right meow.

I'm a little late to the game here, but congrats @Helly ! I'm sure @hunter_la5 would agree if he were here.

Oh, and @m00ps .

Thanks you.

@hunter_la5

Wrong.

Havent had biscuits and gravy in a long time, that looks good!

@hunter_la5 will agree upon his return.

I will do no such thing.

Okay maybe.

Yes.

Got his in the mail yesterday. Confused, then remembered I posted my address after the giveaway. Oops

Don't spend it all in one place.

A steak toaster.

Good choice.

Horrible handwriting with some of the fanciest letter A's I have seen.

Serial killer handwriting, I've been told more than once.

To listen to Aenima while brewing, I would have to remove all the spoken tracks, and that would ruin it. Learn to swim!

It'll end no other way.

Morning all.

Morning @hunter_la5 , wherever you are.

Morning.

That's mighty biblical of you.

Wonder if @hunter_la5 has any or if his wife perhaps will confiscate them all now that he is married.

I've carried at least one pocket knife on my person every day since my 8th berfday.

She can have 'em when she pries them from my cold, dead fingers.

Or from my rib cage. Assuming she put it there. She's pretty quick.

.... beat me to it.

Good luck. You did Highline work? That place was awesome this fall.

Hrm... just discovered that my 3 days in Austin coincide with the last weekend of SxSW. Gulp. Might make it more crowded/interesting.

Given the want to visit breweries and bars - what part of town should I be staying in? I typically get free (points) based stays with Marriott - so extra points there.

Finally - I am there 19-21 MAR, so HBT meetup at some point?

That could be fun.

Can't wait until he tells us he's going to be a dad.

Oh hell nah. DINKS4Lyfe.

Or at least until she forgets her pill.

You could do it as a giveway.

• Visit Reno
  • Engage in nefarious activities with folks in the relaxation industry
  • Aquire bonus STD
  • Post carefully cropped pic of same
  • We guess what it is.
  • person who guesses correctly gets beer (sans herpes)

It's time to play......Name!, that!, lesion!

I like it.

Systems are down and don't look like they're coming back anytime soon. I'm peacing out.

http://youtu.be/ILVfzx5Pe-A

Maybe @hunter_la5 can put in a good word for you.

I'll see what I can do.

Stay south, then you can bug out to New Braunfels and punch Hunter in the nose for us.

That sounds fair.

Who would chose to go to Texas? Unless it's for punching @hunter_la5 .

Is this the latest beer giveaway? If so, y'all'd best hurry up, before I beat you to it.

I don't remember quoting this. Hai.

Is this like some sort of @Beetlejuice @Beetlejuice @Beetlejuice summoning? So should it be @hunter_la5 @hunter_la5 @hunter_la5 ? Did he show up?

Sorry, got here as fast as I could.

Another bump before weekend...

So this was so much fun last year I've decided it's time for v2.0...

Just in time for spring and multi-hued, oval zygote pooping hares, it's time to guess how many jelly beans are in the Pilsner glass! Person closest to the total without going over will win a box of beers from my cellar, tailored to your personal tastes (within reason)

To enter - send me a PM with your guess (please put jelly bean in the subject in some manner so I can search for these later.) All entries must be received by 9am EDT on Friday, March 25th. In the event of multiple entries with the winning guess, first on to have sent wins.

Have fun and good luck!

@joshesmusica - I did say it was fine to enter and use your spoiler plan!

other regulars who haven't entered...
@disturbdchemist
@hello
@hunter_la5
@1977brewer

Why, there's got to be at least 4 beans in there.

Four. Four is my entry. Five. Six. No, better go with my gut. Four.

What did you have for lunch? @hunter_la5 having clams.

A fuzzy taco.

Seriously???????????????..........The arrogance!!!!!!!!!!............I can think of many ways why that would be a stupid idea you idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!.............What you seem not to be understanding is that..........................steak toaster!!

Lulz.

I straight up havent gotten any notifications in 2 days now. Hope it's not borked for @hunter_la5

Don't you fret about that.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457892169.864465.jpg

[/pku]

Y'all been way too chatty in my absence. Y'all pipe down in here.

Chit..no lines? He posted like a mile long line just to get in. How big was this? Comming to the Texas Brew Festival? Octoberish? No recommend..but what the hell..

Some of them had monstrous lines, but if you had a line buddy you could go hit others while waiting. Allen and I didn't run into each other this year. I think they put your bottle in the box. Not sure.

Just kidding. Will get it to you this week.

Hop Hunter about to take the dag for a walk. Figured out why the wife was mad, she's mildly happier now.

Congrats Gavin, you gotta send me some pilsnerinos sometime. Also welcome back @hunter_la5. Do we have to quit tagging you?

@hunter_la5

Slept in til almost 11 today. Well, apart from waking up and letting the dog out to poop etc. Then vegged out on the couch for a couple hours. Not sure what to do now. It's quite rainy here so not doing dog park like we normally do on Sunday. Need to take him for a walk but will wait and hope it's died down later tonight. Might go for a drive, grocery shop. Exciting Sunday.

Well worth it, imo. Only 3 bucks less from my best shop. Another shop had it for 7.90 a pop.

I threw one in the fridge
and 3 in the basement for future Sundays. Price seemed good, but spent $37 for the 4 pack and 22. Plus I spent a good 30 on samples and a pour. It was definitely relaxing though. :)

That's good information to have.

Been there, done that. Was it something I did one year, one month, one week, one day, one hour or one minute ago. Knowing is half the battle.

I rarely know what I did wrong. Lately, doing a **** ton of dishes seems to help. Relationships are hard work. Especially with kids...

Tweak finished. Druck.

Good stuff Hunter. That's some dedication

It was a bit of a boring ride back from the boat dock.

Luckily I've gotten pretty good at PKUing and driving at the same time.

Also welcome back @hunter_la5. Do we have to quit tagging you?

@hunter_la5

I'd prefer you did.

@m00ps
@m00ps
@m00ps

Funny all you floccs have hangovers today. I went out last night, watched the ACC Tournament Championship & drank with my younger buddies. Didn't get home until 6AM, and as seen here, didn't get to bed until almost 8:30AM. Woke up at 1PM.

I feel great! Supposed to go play some disc-golf with a couple of the guys from last night, but they are hurting this morning, too. They wussed out.

This old man still has it!!!

:ban:

Now, how long can I keep it? How much longer will my liver hold out???

Hmm...

Back